New Members Join Aloha United Way Board
Eight local executives have joined the Aloha United Way board of directors: Scott Barber, Christopher Dods, Guy Fujimura, Tracy Hayashi, Len Isotoff, Kevin Sakamoto, Jeffrey Watanabe and Jeff Westphal.
The newly appointed directors will join a board of 27 diverse community and industry leaders who help oversee AUW’s strategic direction and community-focused work.
“We are incredibly grateful for the service of Vic, Donna, Peter, Damien, Ray, Aaron and Eric for sharing their time and talents to strengthen our organization and make a positive impact on the lives in our community,” said Dick Rosenblum, chairman of the Aloha United Way board of directors. “It’s always exciting to welcome new members to the board and we are so appreciative for their personal commitment to building a stronger, healthier Hawai’i.”
AUW’s board of directors also helps support the organization’s mission to partner with business, government and nonprofit to deliver measurable and sustainable solutions to the community’s most critical problems.
AUW, which offers a safe and open donation process, is currently gearing up for its annual general campaign beginning in August.
New Board Members
Scott Barber is president and CEO of Hawaiian Telcom and former mayor of the City of Kerman, California. He has served on numerous community and industry boards, including chairman and CEO of the California Communications Association.
Christopher Dods is executive vice president of the marketing and card services divisions at First Hawaiian Bank, where he oversees the bank’s external and internal communications, advertising, branding and special events, deposit products, and payments divisions.
Guy Fujimura is secretary-treasurer of the ILWU Local 142. He is also vice president of the Hawaii State AFL-CIO and member of the Hawaii State AFL-CIO statewide Labor Community Services Community. He is a member of the Honolulu Charter Commission and has served as a member of the national executive board of the Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance.
Tracy Hayashi is vice president and assistant business manager of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW), Local Union 1186. He serves as the chair of the Labor Community Services Committee of O’ahu and member of the State AFL-CIO Community Services Committee.
Len Isotoff is director of sales of the Pacific region for Matson Navigation Company. He began his career with Matson in 1999 and has held a range of sales and operations management positions with the company. Isotoff previously served as general manager of Guam/Micronesia for Matson, where he was responsible for the company’s business in the region.
Kevin Sakamoto is executive vice president and branch division manager for the Bank of Hawai’i, where he oversees the bank’s network of 72 branches in Hawai’i and the Pacific, as well as key division areas including consumer and small business sales, service, training, compliance, budget, and branch facilities.
Jeffrey Watanabe is the retired founding partner of Watanabe Ing LLP. He remains widely active in business and community affairs as chairman of the board of directors of Hawaiian Electric and a board member of its subsidiary, American Savings Bank; and as director of Alexander & Baldwin, Matson, Cellular Bioengineering, and Oahu Publications.
Jeff Westphal is vice president and district manager of Nordic PCL Construction’s operations throughout Hawai’i. He oversees daily operations at Nordic PCL and has experience managing over $2 billion worth of projects for various clients, including Walt Disney World and Universal Studios.
The other board members include:
- Scott Barber, president and CEO, Hawaiian Telcom
- Chris Benjamin, president and COO, Alexander & Baldwin, Inc.
- Jodi Endo Chai, deputy executive director, HGEA Local 152
- John Dean, executive chairman, Central Pacific Bank
- Dion Dizon, public relations and marketing specialist, American Income Life Insurance Co./OPEIU 277
- Christopher Dods, executive vice president, marketing communications and cards services divisions, First Hawaiian Bank
- Dennis Francis, president and publisher, Honolulu Star-Advertiser
- Terri Fujii, audit partner, CW Associates, CPAs
- Guy Fujimura, secretary-treasurer, ILWU Local 142
- Michael Gold, president and CEO, HMSA
- Tracy Hayashi, vice president/assistant business manager, IBEW 1186
- Kelly Hoen, general manager, The Modern Honolulu
- Len Isotoff, director of sales, Pacific region, Matson, Inc.
- David Lassner, president, University of Hawai’i
- Alicia Moy, president and CEO, HAWAII GAS
- Dayton Nakanelua, state director, UPW Local 646
- Ernest Nishizaki, principal, Acumen Advisor, LLC
- Teri Orton, general manager, Hawai’i Convention Center
- Randy Perreira, executive director, HGEA Local 152
- Richard Rosenblum, president and CEO – retired, Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc.
- Michele Saito, president, DTRIC Insurance Group
- Kevin Sakamoto, executive vice president and division manager, branch division, Bank of Hawaii
- Chris Sbarbaro, vice president, Enterprise, Alamo, & Nation Car Rental
- Brian Tatsumura, store manager, Nordstrom
- Jeffrey Watanabe, retired founding partner, Watanabe Ing LLP
- Jeff Westphal, vice president and district manager, Nordic PCL Construction
- Scott Wo, owner/executive team, C.S. Wo & Sons Ltd.
For more information about AUW, go online.