‘Aha Moku Advisory Committee Meetings Begin on MauiNovember 9, 2015, 7:48 AM HST · Updated November 9, 7:48 AM 0 Comments
The ‘Aha Moku Advisory Committee has scheduled a series of public meetings to seek comment from communities in ‘ahupua‘a districts as it develops and adopts rules for its operation and administration.
The ‘Aha Moku Advisory Committee was created by the Legislature in 2012 via Act 288 to bring the voices of the ‘ahupua‘a communities forward to the Department of Land and Natural Resources on issues related to natural and cultural resources.
The system is based upon indigenous resource management practices within moku or island boundaries.
A meeting to discuss draft rules will take place from 6 to 8 p.m. tonight at the Paukūkalo Community Center for districts in West and Central Maui.
An additional meeting will be held at the same time tomorrow for more easterly districts at the Ha‘ikū Community Center.
A full list of meetings across the state are as follows: (All draft rule meetings are scheduled in November from 6 to 8 p.m. unless otherwise stated.)
- Monday, Nov. 9, 2015: (Wailuku, Kāʻanapali, Lahaina, Kealaloloa Moku), DHHL Paukūkalo Community Center, 655 Kaumuali’I St., Wailuku, Maui
- Tuesday, Nov. 10, 2015: (Hamakuapoko, Hamakualoa, Ko‘olau, Hāna, Kīpahulu, Kaupō, Kahikinui, Honuaula, Kula Moku), Ha‘ikū Community Center, Hāna Highway at Pilialoha Street, Ha‘ikū, Maui
- Saturday, Nov. 21, 2015: (Kona, Ko‘olau Moku), Lānaʻi City Park, 9 a.m. to noon
- Saturday, Nov. 28, 2015, (Kona, Ko‘olau, Molokini, Honua‘ula Moku), Pahihi Kina (Big Beach on Maui), 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 29, 2015: (Kaluakoi, Ko‘olau, Kawela, Pala‘au Moku), location and time tba
- Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2015: (Waialua Moku), Waialua Courthouse 66-207 Kamehameha Hwy, Hale‘iwa
- Thursday, Nov. 5, 2015: (‘Ewa Moku), DHHL Hale Pono‘i, 91-5420 Kapolei Parkway, Kapolei, HI
- Friday, Nov. 6, 2015: (Wai‘anae Moku), Wai‘anae High School, 85-251 Farrington Hwy, Wai‘anae, HI
- Monday, Nov. 16, 2015: (Ko‘olaupoko Moku), Windward CC, 45-720 Kea‘ahala Road, Kane‘ohe, HI
- Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2015: (Ko‘olau Moku), Anahola Community Clubhouse
- Tuesday, Nov. 17, 2015: (Puna Moku), Lihu‘e Civic Center, Pi‘ikoi Bldg, Conference Rooms A&B, 4444 Rice St., Lihu‘e, HI
- Wednesday, Nov. 18, 2015: (Waimea Moku), Waimea Neighborhood Community Center, 4556 Makeke Road, Waimea, HI
- Thursday, Nov. 19, 2015: (Halele‘a Moku), Waipa Foundation, 5-5785 A Kuhio Hwy, Hanalei, HI
- Tuesday, Nov. 24, 2015: (Koloa Moku), Koloa Neighborhood Center, 3461 Weliweli Road, Koloa, HI 96756
- Friday, Nov. 20, 2015: (Kona, Kohala Moku), West Hawai‘i Civic Center, 74-5044 Ane Keohokalole Hwy, Kailua-Kona, HI
- Monday, Nov. 23, 2015: (Hilo, Hamakua, Puna, Ka‘u Moku), Location tba