2 Maui Athletes Make 2016 Enterprise/HHSAA Hall of Honor
Two Maui athletes were recognized as inductees into the 2016 Enterprise/Hawaii High School Athletic Association’s Hall of Honor.
Baldwin High School’s La’akea Kaho’ohanohano-Davis is being honored as an inductee for his involvement in Football and Track and Field. Lahainaluna’s Lalelei Mata’afa is being inducted for Wrestling and Water Polo.
They were among 12 outstanding senior student-athletes who were selected based on their athletic achievement, character, sportsmanship, academic record and community service.
Each will be presented with a $2,000 scholarship and will be formally inducted during a banquet on June 5, 2016 at the Dole Cannery ballroom on Oʻahu.
The complete list of honorees is posted below:
- Teshya Alo, Kamehameha (Wrestling, Judo)
- Emalia Eichelberger, Punahou (Water Polo, Paddling)
- Mariel Galdiano, Punahou (Golf)
- Shandon Hopeau, Kapolei (Soccer)
- La’akea Kaho’ohanohano-Davis, Baldwin (Football, Track and Field)
- Kaeo Kruse, Kamehameha (Cross Country, Swimming, Track)
- ‘Aukai Lileikis, Punahou (Swimming, Water Polo)
- Vae Malepeai, Mililani (Football)
- Lalelei Mata’afa, Lahainaluna (Wrestling, Water Polo)
- Austin Matautia, Moanalua (Volleyball)
- Chanelle Molina, Konawaena (Basketball, Volleyball)
- Emma Taylor, Hawai’i Prep (Track, Soccer, Volleyball)