Hawaiʻi Democratic Party to Elect New ChairMay 25, 2016, 3:52 PM HST · Updated May 25, 3:56 PM 0 Comments
The Democratic Party of Hawaiʻi will hold its 2016 State Convention this weekend, May 28th and May 29th, at the Sheraton Waikiki.
The highlight will be the election of the new Party Chairperson on Sunday to replace outgoing Chair Stephanie Ohigashi of Maui who served a two year term.
Candidates for Party Chair are Jacce Mikulanec, Tyler Dos Santos-Tam, Florence Kong Kee and Tim Vandeveer.
Scheduled activities include the following:
Saturday, May 28, 2016
- Opening Ceremonies & Plenary
- Party Executive Officer Reports
- Executive Branch Reports
- Convention Committee Reports
- Election of State Central Committee members, National Convention Delegates, and Presidential Electors
- Legislative Branch Reports
Sunday, May 29, 2016
- Session Reconvenes & U.S. Senate and Congressional Member Reports’
- Announcement of Election Results from May 28, 2016
- Election of the National Committeewoman, National Committeeman, and State Party Chair
- Meritorious Award Presentation
- Convention Committee Reports (Cont.)
“Our biennial convention is a special time for Hawaiʻi Democrats. With over a thousand delegates, alternates, party officials, elected officials, student observers and guests gathering at this convention, it’s an opportunity to visit with old friends, make new friends and to do the important work of moving Hawaiʻi forward,” said Chair Ohigashi. “I absolutely look forward to seeing my fellow Hawaiʻi Democrats from across the state.”