Kahului Woman Burned After Cleaning Solvent Catches Fire

June 14, 2016, 4:45 AM HST · Updated June 14, 4:50 AM
0 Comments
×

Photo by Wendy Osher.

Photo by Wendy Osher.

A Maui woman is recovering today from burns to her body after the cleaning solvent she was handling yesterday afternoon somehow caught fire.

The incident was reported at 2 p.m. on Monday, June 13, 2016 at a home in Kahului.

SPONSORED VIDEO

Authorities say the 71-year-old Kahului woman was cooling her skin with running water when emergency responders arrived on scene.

Maui fire officials say it’s unclear what ignited the liquid product that is routinely used for cleaning auto parts.

The woman was treated by paramedics and transported to the Maui Memorial Medical Center in serious condition.

Print

Share this Article

    View Categories
    Promote Your Maui Business for Free Add Your Listing

    Weekly Newsletter

    ARTICLE COMMENTS ( 0 )
    This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Maui Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion.

    I Understand, Show Comments