Wailuku First Friday “UPTOWN GETDOWN 8”
The Wailuku First Friday Town Party takes place Friday night, Aug. 5, 2016, from 6 to 9 p.m.
This month’s theme is “Uptown Getdown 8.”
Wailuku First Friday is a free community street party on Market Street in Wailuku Town.
Guests can dine, enjoy live music and take part in street festivities with friends and family.
Friends and families are encouraged to stop by for a great time and help support the local community, economy and businesses.
This month’s entertainment will include:
• “Uptown Getdown 8” on the Maui Thing stage with a 2-on-2 B-Boy Battle with music by DJ Joralien
• Rock ‘N Soul live music at Wailuku Banyan Tree Park
• Afterglow Yoga’s one-year anniversary party with sushi, kombucha, music and giveaways
• “Farewell First Friday” sale, live music and bake sale at Rise Maui.
• Free Yoga classes at Body Alive Yoga at 4:45 p.m.
• “Aina” (Keep it Green) Art Show at North Shore Art and Frame from 6-9 p.m.
• Live music by Valley Isle DJs and DJ Koindrop, along with beer Beer Tasting ft. 10 Barrel Brewery – Apocalypse IPA, Joe IPA, Pina in the Beer & Wine Garden from 5 to 9:30 p.m. (21 and over only)
• The Wailuku Cam with Harry Eagar as host and Pokemon promo at Kama‘āina Loan & Cash for Gold and the eBay Story, 98 N. Market St.
Wailuku restaurants will be open during the event, including Giannotto’s Pizza, 808 on Maui, Saigon Cafe, Saeng Thai, King’s BBQ, Uptown Chevron, Wailuku Coffee Company, Juan’s Kitchen, Vineyard Food Company, Minit Stop, Subway, Asian Star and Arias.
Market Street will close at 5:30 p.m. on Friday. Parking is free at the Maui Medical Group lot.
Other town parties include:
• Second Friday – Lahaina
• Third Friday – Makawao
• Fourth Friday – Kīhei