Maui Discussion

Ask the Mayor: How Do I Submit a Storm Damage Report?

September 4, 2016, 12:00 PM HST
* Updated September 4, 4:40 PM
Listen to this Article
1 minute
Loading Audio... Article will play after ad...
Playing in :00

Image courtesy @PrimeFootage.

Maui Now stock Image courtesy @PrimeFootage.

Mayor Alan Arakawa answers some of the questions submitted to his office staff.

Submit your own questions about County of Maui programs, services, operations or policies to Mayor Alan Arakawa via email at [email protected], call 270-7855 or send them by mail to 200 S. High St., 9th Floor, Wailuku, HI 96793. Questions submitted will be considered for inclusion in the “Ask the Mayor” column.

Dear Mayor:

Q: My neighbors and I both had some damage from the high surf related to the recent storm activity. Am I supposed to report the storm damage, and how do I submit a report?

A: To report storm damage, visit and click on the link to the online form.


For more information or to request help with completing the form, call Civil Defense at 270-7285.


Our Maui County Civil Defense Agency coordinates storm damage reports to ensure that the county has a complete picture of the scope of damage. The data collected will allow county officials to determine if our jurisdiction qualifies for any state or federal assistance, as well as to assist with flood plain mapping.

However, please note that completion of a Damage Assessment Survey does not constitute an application for assistance. If your home or property sustained damage, you will still need to file a claim with your insurance company.

E-Mail Newsletters Receive daily or weekly updates via e-mail. Subscribe Now
News Alerts Breaking news alerts on your mobile device. Get the App


This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Maui Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion. View Comments