September Workshops at Maui Business Resource CenterSeptember 7, 2016, 1:25 PM HST · Updated September 7, 1:29 PM 0 Comments
The County of Maui Mayor’s Office of Economic Development announced its free workshops for the month of September. Workshops are presented at the Maui County Business Resource Center, a County of Maui facility, located in the Maui Mall across Pizza Hut, in Suite B-9.
Seating for all workshops is limited, and all workshops are subject to change or cancellation. Workshops are free unless noted otherwise.
To reserve a seat, call the Maui County Business Resource Center at (808) 270-5770. The following workshops are available:
BECOMING A BEST-SELLING AUTHOR:
Leveraging the World’s Greatest Marketing Secret by Writing, Publishing and Promoting Your Book to Better Market Your Business
Instructor: Patrick Snow
Friday, Sept. 9, 2016, noon to 2 p.m. or
Thursday, Sept. 22, 2016, noon to 2 p.m. (choose one date)
Are you looking for a better way to market your business? Do you have a burning desire to become a best-selling author? Attend this seminar and learn how to make your publishing and business goals come true. If you want to stand out from your competition, strengthen your credentials, and get free publicity, then writing and publishing a book is your best marketing strategy. Let international best-selling author, Patrick Snow, guide you through the process. In this two-hour workshop you will learn your three publishing options, top five requirements for becoming a best-selling author, and 18 mistakes to avoid. Most importantly, you will learn how to monetize your passion and even better market your business, or start a new business using your book as a platform from which you can launch! Come early, and stay late for his Q/A session that will answer all questions on your book project.
– Patrick Snow is an international best-selling author of Creating Your Own Destiny, The Affluent Entrepreneur, and Boy Entrepreneurhas sold between 250,000 and one million copies of his three books in five languages and 108 countries. As a professional speaker he has given more than 2,500 speeches on three continents. As a publishing, book marketing, and speaker coach, he has mentored more than 750 clients worldwide to achieve their publishing goals.
Business in the Think Tank with MBB Members (Free)
1) HTDC at the Maui Research & Technology Center (MRTC): 590 Lipoa Pkwy, Suite 110, Kihei, HI
Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2016, noon to 2 p.m.
RSVP with MBB: www.meetup.com/MauiBusinessBrainstormers
2) BiTT in West Maui
Wednesday, Sept. 28, 2016, 11:45 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Where: Nāpili Plaza – 5095 Nāpilihau Street, Suite 114-A, Lahaina, HI
Old Republic Title & Escrow of Hawaiʻi (Lahaina office)
RSVP with MBB: www.meetup.com/MauiBusinessBrainstormers
Instructor: Harold Ames, PH.D.
Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2016, noon to 1:30 p.m.
Learn how Adventure-Based Coaching can be utilized to push you from a risky situation of starting a new business into discovering unknown opportunities and enhancing your sense of well-being to make those uncertain decisions with confidence. This workshop will help you assess the wellness of your small- to medium-size business and determine its sustainability in today’s volatile markets. Attendees will gain insight to the scientific perspective of:
- Business Psychology
- Organizational Culture
- Human Resource Management
- Transformative Consulting
Take a risk and sign-up to become an adventurer and begin the evolving process of achieving your business’s full potential through the use of meaningful intelligence.
– Harold Ames holds a doctorate degree in Industrial-Organizational Psychology with a purpose of developing effective leadership solutions through education.
Revealing the Top 10 Secrets to FB Advertising — What You Need to Know
Instructors: Taryn Kama and Eric T. Richter
Wednesday, Sept. 14, 2016, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
This workshop will focus on the ins and outs of getting started with Facebook advertising. You will learn the top 10 most important things you will want to know about advertising on Facebook including: using groups, boosting posts, creating events, choosing your audience, the difference between business and personal pages; using images, hashtags and symbols to link your content; Facebook tricks and overall social media marketing strategies. There will be an opportunity to ask specific questions that can help you market your business at the end.
Taryn Kama, owner of Go Get it Media, is an experienced media professional specializing in: on-line marketing, print/web communications, video, public relations, social media and information design. She is currently the owner of Go Get it Media, GGM, a heart-centered marketing company based on the North Shore.
– Eric T. Richter, owner of Maui Promotions, publishes Maui Vision Magazine quarterly. Eric has taught marketing seminars for wellness-oriented businesses for over 15 years and sponsored many special events.
The Joy of Saying “No”
Instructor: Patti Sabla
Thursday, Sept. 15, 2016, noon to 1:30 p.m.
Does that phrase sound strange to you? If so, you need this class. If you are someone who has a hard time uttering the word “no,” you are not alone. Join others who struggle with this same issue while we uncover some of the underlying reasons of why we say yes when we want to say no. Learn the red flags to look for to determine if you are being guilted. Find out the nine successful steps to giving a (guilt-free) no. Participants will also receive a “Should I Say NO?” checklist to take home to help them make future decisions about how to answer someone’s request.
– Patti Sabla is the owner of Live Life Better, LLC, a Maui-based company that rescues burned-out employees, frazzled bosses and exhausted owners. She does this by providing half-day and full-day Stress Management Workshops for employees at their workplace. She believes that when a staff’s stress level is reduced then productivity increases, turnover and absenteeism decreases, morale is boosted and negativity is reduced.
Social Media… 8 Rules of Engagement
Instructor: Nicole Fisher
Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2016, noon to 1:15 p.m. (Q&A til 1:30)
In this workshop, you will learn how to effectively tie your business objectives to your social media content. Learn how to be authentic and consistent, and at the same time, fearless with your contributions to the online and local community. All of this, plus more, will be covered in this information-packed workshop. Remember, don’t be a social spammer.
– Nicole Fisher is an energetic entrepreneur with over 20 years of experience as a Marketing Strategist, Social Media Consultant and Trainer. She is passionate about taking businesses from good to great through various marketing avenues.
Standout Subject Lines: Get Open, Get Read, Get Real Results!
Instructor: Mckenna Hallett
Tuesday, Sept. 27, 2016 – noon to 1:30 p.m.
Are your emails, blogs, or posts being ignored? Are you getting real engagement with your followers and customers? Join Mckenna Hallett for an hour-long Free Seminar with 30 minutes of Q & A to follow. Come explore what will get your subject lines working – or NOT working! Learn to capture the attention and interest of your audience. This fast-paced seminar will take a deeper dive into the mechanics of truly effective subject lines. It will cover many important and easy to use strategies:
- Three keys that make or break your subject line (or posting headline)
- Learn to use the 2 – 2 – 2 rule to get their immediate attention.
- What works – and what does NOT work – in capturing your readers’ attention
- Length, brand, urgency and offers – make them work for your subject lines
- Before & after examples that make it crystal clear how to improve your results
- Learn what “teaser” or “pre-header” text is and how to use it to increase sales.
- What to do once you have their attention increase income potential
Do I have your attention? Let’s get the response you desire. Whether you are trying to realize revenue, increase your reach, or inspire referrals, your subject lines are a key to your success!
– Mckenna Hallett is a marketing consultant, motivational speaker and owner of www.MyGoldenWords.com who blogs regularly to a worldwide audience. With over two decades of experience with her own small business on Maui, she brings practical and easy-to-use advice to all business owners at any stage. She had her first business at the age of seven and has been in sales and marketing roles in both retail and wholesale with both small and large businesses for over 50 years.
Special Evening Workshop – $45 per session:
QuickBooks for Small Business
Instructor: Richard Kehoe, CPA
Hands-on computer training for beginners.
Thursday, Sept. 22, 2016, 5 to 8 p.m.
Learn to set up your company’s QuickBooks in a small class setting with personalized tutoring. This class is for new users and will teach you how to record sales, receive payments, prepare invoices and balance your checkbook. Get customized answers and schedule a follow-up appointment at no cost to discuss your solutions. Sponsored by SCORE and presented by Richard Kehoe, CPA and lead SCORE counselor.
Free counseling sessions with experience SCORE and Small Business Development Corp. counselors: Tuesday afternoons, 1-3 p.m., and Thursday and Friday mornings, 9-11:30 a.m.