Parking Improvements at Six West Maui Park Facilities
The County of Maui Department of Parks and Recreation announced that Phase 1 of parking improvements at West Maui park facilities will begin on Monday, Sept. 19, 2016, and is expected to conclude Wednesday, Dec. 7, 2016.
Improvements include asphalt cold plane and resurfacing, tree root mitigation, lot striping and curbs and ADA parking spaces and access aisles.
Work is being planned to allow facilities to remain open while parking lots are closed. Signs will be placed notifying the public of the closure at each facility as construction continues.
Facilities affected by construction closures include: Lahaina Recreation Center 1, Lahaina Recreation Center 2, Lahaina Aquatic Center, Nāpili Park, Honokōwai Beach Park, Wahikuli Wayside North- Central and South Parking Lots.
Work hours are between 7 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. The contractor is Maui Kupono Builders; total construction cost is $940,717.
The construction schedule is as follows, but may be modified due to weather conditions or other reasons:
· Lahaina Recreation Center 1: Monday, Sept. 19 to Tuesday, Sept. 27
· Lahaina Recreation Center 2: Tuesday, Sept. 27 to Thursday, Oct. 6
· Lahaina Aquatic Phase1: Monday, Oct. 3 to Monday, Oct. 10
· Lahaina Aquatic Phase 2: Monday, Oct. 10 to Tuesday, Oct. 18
· Nāpili Park: Monday, Oct. 17 to Tuesday, Oct. 25
· Honokōwai Beach Park: Monday, Oct. 24 to Tuesday, Nov. 1
· Wahikuli Wayside North: Tuesday, Nov. 1 to Tuesday, Nov. 15
· Wahikuli Wayside Central: Wednesday, Nov. 16 to Friday, Nov. 18
· Wahikuli Wayside South: Monday, Nov. 21 to Wednesday, Dec. 7