Kamehameha Schools College Scholarship RecruitmentOctober 11, 2016, 4:12 PM HST · Updated October 13, 6:30 AM 0 Comments
Kamehameha Schools is currently recruiting students for its College Scholarship programs for the 2017-2018 school year.
The Pauahi and Nā Hoʻokama scholarships are need-based programs, available to students pursuing undergraduate and graduate degrees at accredited KS-recognized post-high institutions in the US.
Applications for college scholarships through Nā Ho‘okama are available from October 3rd, through February 17th, to align with the new application dates for the Federal Student Aid application process.
In the last school year, Nā Hoʻokama sent award letters to 2,100 native Hawaiian college students totaling over $13 million. The maximum award amount per student is $8,000.
To start the application process, go to www.ksbe.edu/college
Some helpful tips when applying:
- With deadlines moving to earlier dates, applicants will now be able to use tax forms from the previous year in their applications, no longer needing to file their most recent taxes early to fulfill the needs of the application. So applicants this year can use their 2015 tax information and documents.
- To be eligible, applicants must be residents of Hawai‘i, full-time, classified, degree-seeking students that have financial need and meet maximum funding guidelines.
- Renewal applicants are given a preference, but scholarship awards are not guaranteed, as applicant circumstances may change from year-to- year.
- All award notifications will be mailed out by the end of April, 2017.
- Start the online application process at www.ksbe.edu/college.
For a listing of all KS education program offerings, including updated timeline and entry point information are now available at www.ksbe.edu/programs.
More information is available by contacting the Kamehameha Schools Applicant Services Center at (808) 534-8080 or via email at [email protected]