Maui Election Day Reminders
The Office of Elections and County Clerks of Hawaiʻi is sharing a few Election Day reminders and tips for Hawaiʻi voters as the 2016 General Election gets underway today,Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2016.
- Election Day reminders:
- Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Anyone in line at 6 p.m. will be allowed to vote.
- Know your polling place: Contact your County Clerk’s office or visit www.elections.hawaii.gov to find your polling place.
- Save time by voting during non-peak hours. In the morning from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. or in the afternoon from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- Be prepared to provide proof of identification. Forms of acceptable I.D. include a valid photo I.D., copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, or other government issued document that shows your name and address.
- Helpful tips:
- View a sample of your ballot at the State Office of Elections website.
- Vote-by-mail voters have until 6 p.m. on Election Day to submit their voted ballot to any polling place within their county. A voted ballot postmarked on Election Day, but not received by the Clerk’s office by 6 p.m. will not be accepted.
For additional information on the 2016 Elections call 453-VOTE (8683).