Juveniles with Lighter Accidentally Start Small Brush Fire on Lānaʻi

November 28, 2016, 3:50 PM HST · Updated November 28, 3:52 PM
0 Comments
×

A group of boys playing with a cigarette lighter accidentally started a small brush fire on Lānaʻi over the weekend, officials said.

The incident was reported at 2:36 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 27, 2016 at the Cavendish Golf Course golf course near the Kōʻele Lodge on Keomoku Highway.

SPONSORED VIDEO

Firefighters arrived on scene at 2:43 p.m. to find a 20 x 40 foot area of brush on fire. Crews quickly brought the fire under control and had it extinguished at 2:53 p.m.

Two juvenile males were found in the area and questioned by police. Fire officials say the two boys admitted to accidentally starting the fire. A third juvenile male reportedly fled the area. The boys ranged in age from 10 to 12 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Print

Share this Article

BREAKING NEWS 
TEXT ALERTS
Sign up to receive important news alerts like tsunami warnings,
floods, traffic accidents, road closures and more.
Phone # (xxx-xxx-xxxx):
E-Mail:
 

    View Categories
    Promote Your Maui Business for Free Add Your Listing

    Weekly Newsletter

    ARTICLE COMMENTS ( 0 )
    This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Maui Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion.

    I Understand, Show Comments