5th Annual Classic Car Show at Lahaina Town Second Friday
Lahaina’s 5th Annual Classic Car Show & Rock And Roll Party will take place at The Lahaina Second Friday Town Party on April 14, 2017.
Classic cars will park along Front Street which will be closed 5:30 to 9 p.m. from Prison St. to Lahainaluna Rd.
The event will be broadcasted via live remote from Campbell Park with KONI 104.7 & Joe Hawkins. DJ Zinn will play from 5 to 7 p.m. followed by Jimmy Mac and the Kool Kats from 7 to 9 p.m.
Trophies and Cool Cat Café gift certificates will be presented to winners in three categories, the Best in Show Prize is worth $500 cash.
Cool Cat Café will also be selling event t-shirts and burgers. Soroptomist International of West Maui will also be holding their annual silent auction from 6 to 8 p.m. The Lahaina Yacht Club membership drive and The Pacific Talent Search Agency will also be in the park.
Come early to celebrate the Chinese Kite Festival which will take place from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the Wo Hing Museum. Enjoy exhibits of handmade, artistic kites in traditional and modern styles. Help make a large kite to be flown the next day and hear presentations on the history of kites around the world and kite sports. There will be traditional Chinese music, crafts and kid’s kite making activities, teas served in the garden and Chinese food for sale. Free admission.
LahainaTown Action Committee in partnership with Betty’s beach Café and Leilani’s work together to sponsor several west side keiki nonprofits. This assistance allows the nonprofits to fundraise and the event supports our community. Campbell Park has local ono grinds from 5:30 to 8 :30 p.m. The LahainaTown Action Committee invites you to share in the fun while enjoying a live music concert with a cause. Nonprofit groups rotate but include: Waiola Church, Boys & Girls Club of Maui, Lahaina Club, Na Ki`a i O Waine`e, Hawaiian Civic Club Also in the park will be Maui Surf Dogs and Tropsicles.
Lahaina Art Galleries
Hele Mai – As the sun sets and pau hana begins, what better way to start the weekend than to shop the world renowned art galleries, meet artists, talk story and share in some complimentary pupu and wine from 6 to 9 p.m. Pick up your free Art Map compliments of the Lahaina Visitor Center at the old Lahaina Courthouse in Banyan Tree Park.
· Kai Pua Gallery: Live glass blowing by Sean Price. Special deals, fabulous seconds and clearance sale, serving wine.
· Galeries Thomas Barbey–Featured artist 7 to 10 p.m. Wine and Music by local musicians.
· Peter Lik Gallery: Special promotions on art.
· Maui Hands Gallery: Featured artist Luana Kama 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. Light refreshments also served.
· Lahaina Galleries: Serving wine from 5 to 10 p.m. Featured Artist Dario Campanile
· The Village Galleries: Featuring Artist Macario Pascual. Refreshments will be served
· Images Fine Art Gallery: Complimentary wine and live music
· Simon Jon Gallery: Unique Hawaiian wood bowls by artist Jonathan Somaoang, offering 10-20% off select items
· Sargent’s Fine Art: Enjoy the music of Curt Lee every Friday Art Night at the gallery, featured artist Jack Nordby. Serving Wine.
· Martin Lawrence Gallery: 6:30 to 10 p.m. Fine Art Auction. Serving wine and pupus. Live music.
· Kingwell Island Art: Jim Kingwell will be do an art demo. Wine and pupus will be served.
· Daryl Millard Gallery: Daryl will be painting at the easel and talking about his work. Refreshments will be served.
· Contemporary Masters: Live entertainment
· Lahaina Printsellers: Wine and pupus
· Vintage Posters: Wine and pupus
· Diamond Head: Serving wine
· Joelle: Joelle will be painting at the gallery. Wine and pupus will be served
· Higgins Harte Gallery International: Wine and pupus
· Kimo’s: Live music with Willie K. from 9 to 11 p.m. $5 cover charge. Stop at Lahaina Visitor Center for a Kimo’s Hula Pie coupon for free entry.
· Pioneer Inn: Live Hawaiian entertainment 6-9 p.m.
· Longhi’s: Live music overlooking the water, 7-10 p.m.
· The Wharf Cinema Center: Live Music Center Stage with Uncle Lui Williams
· Captain Jack’s Island Grill: Live Music with Johnny Ringo. Happy Hour 2-5 p.m.
· Cool Cat Café: Live music overlooking the Banyan Tree – Johnny Ringo 7-10:30 p.m.
Merchant, Restaurants and Foodie Specials
· Ono Gelato Company: Gluten-free baked goods, homemade gelato-filled cannoli, 10% kamaʻāina discount.
· Kimo’s: Free hula pie with coupon (stop by the Lahaina Visitor Center for coupons)
· Kobe Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar: 20% kamaʻāina discount on teppanyaki dining
· The Pioneer Inn: $5 pupu menu
· Atlantis Submarines: 20% off submarine tours
· Betty’s Beach Café: Buy one burger, get one free (of equal or lesser value, after 4 p.m.) Not valid with any other promotions.
· Sugar Cane: Happy hour 2:30-5:30 p.m.. Pupu’s and drink specials with an ocean view
· Banyan Treats: 10% discount on full menu.
· Lahaina Sunglass Co. & Pakaloha Bikini’s: DJ Daniel J 5-9 p.m. on the oceanfront dancing deck. Bikini models and door prizes.
· Maui Swiss Café: 10% off full menu; Happy Ice Cream Hour is 4-8 p.m., with the second scoop free – featuring Roselani Ice Cream
· Bubba Gump Shrimp Company: Free appetizer with coupon (available at the Lahaina Visitor Center, at the Old Lahaina Courthouse. See coupon for details). Late night Happy Hour Specials starting at 9 p.m., $5 specialty drinks and appetizer specials $4.99. Take your pick with Shrimp Louie and play with hula hoops.
The Wharf Cinema Center
· Amigo’s Authentic Mexican Food: Buy one entree, get 50% off second entree
· Captain Jack’s Island Grill: 20% off kamaʻāina discount
· Cool Cat Cafe: 20% off kamaʻāina discount
· Maui Island Coffee: $2 off 1 pound 100% Kona Coffee
· Pad Thai: 15% off food only
The Wharf Shops Town Party Special
· Pho Saigon 808: 10% Off Food only
· Atlantis Submarines: 20% off kamaʻāina discount
· Crazy Shirts: Screen Printing Demo with a complimentary screen print with purchase
· Hangloose Hammocks: $5 off any hammock
· Hibiscus Boutique: 20% off regular priced jewelry
· JC Chism: Free Gift with purchase of $20 or more
· KC Hawaiian Fashions: Free Gift with purchase of $20 or more
· Lahaina Lifestyle: 10% Off regular priced items
· Lana’s Boutique: 10% – 50% off Sterling Silver & Handmade Jewelry
· L’Infini: 20% off jewelry; 10% off gift items
· Quilts ‘N Fabric: Free Gift with purchase of $50 or more
· Simon-Jon Gallery: 10% – 20% discount on select items
· T-Shirt Factory: Buy 4 Shirts and get 5th one free
· Three D Gallery: Free Gift with purchase of $20 or more
The Outlets of Maui
The Outlets of Maui is pleased to present monthly keiki hula shows every 2nd and 4th Fridays from 5 -5:45 p.m. by Na Pua O Kapi`olani. All are invited to come and enjoy the performance. Renowned as the longest running weekly keiki hula show in the State, Na Pua O Kapi`olani performs traditional hula, Tahitian and a variety of dances from other Polynesian islands. Accompanied by a live band and led by Kumu Hula Kathy Ralar, the keiki performers sing, dance, chant and story tell their way into our hearts with the memorable stories and songs of Polynesia.
The popular candlelit tour of the Baldwin Home Museum will be held from 6-8:30 p.m. The museum is located on the corner of Front and Dickenson streets. The $7 fee includes admission to the Wo Hing Museum at 858 Front Street. Children 12 and under accompanied by a paying adult are free.
For more information and a schedule of upcoming events, please contact Lahaina Restoration Foundation at 661-3262 or visit here.