Meeting on Proposed Restrictions on Polystyrene Set for May 8
The Maui County Council has scheduled a special council meeting for Monday, May 8, at 9 a.m. to receive testimony and presentations on the proposed restrictions on polystyrene food service containers, Council Chair Mike White announced today.
The council will consider Bill 127 (2016), which would restrict the use or sale of polystyrene food service containers in the County of Maui. A copy of the measure, along with additional information, is available here.
- Presentations are anticipated from the following:
- Cheryl King, Sharkastics
- Megan Lamson, Hawaii Wildlife Fund
- Lynn Dyer, Foodservice Packaging Institute
- Kerry Flickner, Waste Solutions for Foodservice Sustainability Solutions
- Dr. George Cruzan, ToxWorks
- Dr. Hillary Young, University of California Santa Barbara
- Dr. Douglas McCauley, University of California Santa Barbara
- Dr. Ruth Lunn, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
Further presentations may be received from the Environmental Protection Agency and the Food and Drug Administration.
Testimony can also be emailed to [email protected] referencing Bill 127 (2016).