Maui Paddle Events Kick Off on National Pink Day
Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa kicks off events for its 4th annual Maui Paddle for a Cure with new fundraising efforts beginning on National Pink Day on June 23, 2017.
Maui Paddle for a Cure is a fun, non-competitive event, held on Sunday, Oct. 8, 2017 during Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and takes stand up, kayak and canoe paddlers along the beautiful shoreline of Kāʻanapali Beach. Hyatt Regency Maui aims to raise even more funds this year for Susan G. Komen Hawaiʻi, whose mission is to support and promote culturally sensitive breast cancer education, awareness, prevention and treatment programs in the Hawaiian Islands.
“Each year we are honored and excited to support Susan G. Komen by hosting Maui Paddle for a Cure,” said Fred Findlen, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa. “We continue to be inspired by the people who join together for the paddle and we hope to encourage and educate our guests and Maui residents to participate in this fun event that benefits the broader Hawaiʻi community. Last year we exceeded our fundraising goal and raised over $45,000 for Susan G. Komen and we hope to raise even more funds this year.”
In celebration of National Pink Day, the resort invites guests to join a pool party on Friday, June 23 from 12 to 2 p.m. and enjoy the beat of a DJ, pool games and activities, and pink specials throughout the hotel. Guests are encouraged to wear their favorite shade of pink.
A portion of proceeds from the following items from June 23-30 will be donated to Susan G. Komen Hawaiʻi.
- Drums of the Pacific Lūʻau – Guests who attend the resort’s award-winning lūʻau will receive pink promise bracelets and specialty pink leis.
- Japengo – The resort’s award-winning restaurant will be offering a Pink Sushi Roll, Lavender Seasoned Grilled Seafood and Chocolate Decadence Cake.
- Kamahaʻo, a Marilyn Monroe Spa – Maui’s only oceanfront spa will be pampering guests with pink manicures and pink promise bracelets.
- Umalu – A portion of proceeds from the Achiote Shrimp Tacos will go toward Susan G. Komen Hawaiʻi.
- Son’z Steakhouse – A portion of proceeds from the Black and Blue Ahi Appetizer will go toward Susan G. Komen Hawaiʻi.
- Pool Desk – On June 23 through October, the Pool Desk will be selling Maui Paddle for a Cure merchandise and select pink items.
Guests are also invited to join exciting fundraising events on International Yoga Day on Wednesday, June 21. From 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. on the Halona Kai Event Lawn, unwind with a calm and gentle yoga as the sun sets over the ocean and palm fringed Kāʻanapali Beach. Toast to the end of another day in paradise with signature cocktails and pop-up shops with local jewelry and retail vendors. The ticket includes a 1-hour yoga session, two cocktails, and a donation to support Susan G. Komen Hawaiʻi and their efforts towards breast cancer awareness, education, prevention and treatment in the Hawaiian Islands. Tickets are $25 for Hyatt guests and $30 for non-guests. To reserve a ticket, please call (808) 667-4727
Presented in partnership with The Butterfly Effect, this year’s Maui Paddle for a Cure will take place stating at Hanakaʻōʻō Beach Park (Canoe Beach) on Saturday, Oct. 7 from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Resort guests and the members of the Maui community 18 years and older are invited to an open paddle along Canoe Beach by stand up paddle board, kayak or canoe, all to benefit this important cause. Additional Maui Paddle for a Cure details including sponsors, pre-paddle activities, events and more will be announced in the coming weeks
Follow the event on social media with the hashtag #HyattPinkPaddle. To join the cause and register or donate, visit the Maui Paddle for a Cure website: www.crowdrise.com/MauiPaddle17.