Aloha Friday Wailuku Town Party, July 7
The July 2017 edition of Wailuku First Friday takes place this Friday, July 7, 2017. This free family event will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. on Market Street. Admission is free and all are welcome.
· Maui Thing celebrates nine years with Derick Sebastian featuring Ryan Tanaka and John Palpallatoc on the Maui Thing Stage from 7-8:30 p.m.
· Natalie Nicole Band performs at the Wailuku Banyan Tree Park from 6-9 p.m.
Other WFF highlights on Market Street include:
· Photography Show Reception for Gurushabd Khalsa at the Wailuku Coffee Company
· Welcome Home Hōkūleʻa by Sean Baba at the Fresh Island Art Gallery
· Get Up & Dance Pop-Up at ʻĪao Square
· View First Friday live with Harry Eagar on www.wailukucam.com courtesy of Kama‘aina Loan & Cash for Gold and The eBay Store
Parking/Street Closure Info:
Motorists are reminded that Market Street will be closed to vehicular traffic from 5:30 p.m. Signage will remind the public that no cars will be allowed on Market Street during the event. Cars left parked on the street during the event will be ticketed.
Maui Medical Group offers free parking during Wailuku First Friday at the facility’s lot, located near the Main/High Street intersection. The Vineyard Street parking exit will close at 9 p.m.; patrons can exit the lot onto Main Street after 9 p.m.
The Wailuku First Friday event showcases dozens of artisans, handmade crafters and food vendors. For vendor information and reservations, contact vendor coordinator Alan Takitani at (808) 281-2801. A copy of vendor’s general excise tax license, health permit (for food vendors) and additional insured will be required.
Wailuku First Friday is a Community Street Party and is generously sponsored by the Hawaiʻi Tourism Authority, the County of Maui, Tri-Isle RC&D, Inc., Sae Design, Maui Thing, Maui Redevelopment Agency, KONI 104.7 FM, KAOI, KPOA, Pacific Media Group, First Hawaiian Bank, Kamaʻāina Properties, Inc., Wailuku Community Association, Maui Time, IBEW Local 1186, Hawaiʻi Carpenters Union-Maui, Young Brothers, Meadow Gold, HMSA, and Connec, LLC.
Friday Town Parties are now celebrated every week, every month in different towns across Maui County.