Ask the Mayor: Who Do We Complaint to About Trash Piles?

December 10, 2017, 2:20 PM HST · Updated December 10, 2:21 PM

Mayor Alan Arakawa answers some of the questions submitted to his staff.

Submit your own questions about County of Maui programs, services, operations or policies to Mayor Alan Arakawa at [email protected], 270-7855 or mail them to 200 S. High St., 9th Floor, Wailuku, HI 96793.

Questions submitted will be considered for inclusion in the “Ask the Mayor” column.

Mayor Arakawa:


Q: How does a member of the community register a complaint with Maui County for trash pile-ups on private property?

A: Here are three ways to report this type of problem that has been observed: 1) File a request for service using the mobile app COM CONNECT; 2) File a request for service at; or 3) Call the Department of Public Works at (808) 270-7845. All three methods are effective and are responded to in a timely manner.


Share this Article

    View Categories
    Promote Your Maui Business for Free Add Your Listing

    Weekly Newsletter

    This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Maui Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion.

    I Understand, Show Comments