Central Kīhei Water Shutdown, May 23May 22, 2018, 7:36 AM HST · Updated May 22, 7:36 AM 0 Comments
Customers in part of central Kīhei will be without water on Wednesday, May 23, 2018, while contractors work on a tie-in on Kanani Road. W
ater service will be shut off intermittently from approximately 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the affected area.
The following streets will be impacted:
- Kanani Road from South Kīhei Road to Haukai Place, including Halona Street and Wai-Maka Place
- South Kihei Road between Auhana Road and Maui Coast Hotel, including ʻIliʻili Road and Kaiʻau Place
- Kanoe Street from Auhana Road to Kanani Road
- Auhana Road from 123 Auhana Road to Kanani Road
- Keala Place and Alahele Place, including Alaloa Road, ʻAnapa Place, Kaʻahele Place, Peke Place, and Hoʻolalei Way.
DWS customers in the affected area are encouraged to store water and adjust water usage plans as appropriate. Customers may want to flush their waterlines for a short time on Wednesday evening ensure that no sediment has accumulated in their waterlines during the project.
To report a water emergency, contact the DWS 24-hour service line at (808) 270-7633.