New Video Follows Fissure 8 Lava River to Ocean Entry
June 7, 2018: This video shows the fountaining at fissure 8 and follows the lava river all the way to the ocean entries in the Kapoho area. Video was shot by Hawaiʻi County Civil Defense Agency / Hawaiʻi County Fire Department and edited by Malika Dudley.
For more coverage of the ongoing eruption at Kīlauea volcano visit the following links from recent Maui Now coverage:
- Slumping in Summit Area Triggering Additional Explosions, Ashfall
- “Pattern” of Summit Activity Resulting in Near Daily Explosions
- More Loitering at Volcano Eruption Zone, at Least 25 People Cited
- Live Stream: Another Ash Plume Expected at Kīlauea Volcano Summit
- By the Numbers: Lava Claims Hundreds of Homes Overnight, 7.7 Square Miles Covered