Rep. Yamashita Receives Endorsements From 12 Organizations
Representative Kyle Yamashita announced the following organizations have endorsed his candidacy for re-election.
- The Maui Chamber Of Commerce
- Maui Hotel And Lodging Association
- Hawaiʻi Fire Fighters Association, Local 1463
- Hawaiʻi Laborers’ Union, Local 368
- Hawaiʻi Lodging & Tourism Association
- Hawaiʻi Regional Council Of Carpenters
- Hawaiʻi State AFL-CIO
- Build-Pac Hawaiʻi
- General Contractors Association of Hawaiʻi
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 1186
- International Longshore & Warehouse Union, LOCAL 142
- Operating Engineers, LOCAL 3
“I’m deeply humbled and honored to receive the endorsement of so many organizations that benefit our community,” said Rep. Yamashita. “I first ran for public office because I felt Maui’s working families deserved more. It’s thanks to these community partnerships and years of collaboration that we have been able to deliver for Maui County.”
Rep. Yamashita has served as the state representative of House District 12 since 2004.
According to his campaign, he helped to deliver nearly $800 million in capital improvement projects for Maui County in the past two years.
These projects include: $40 million for the King Kekaulike Performing Arts Center and Track and Field improvements; $3.65 million for the Waiohuli Homestead Community Center; $3 million for Phase 2 of the sidewalk on Old Haleakalā Highway from Makawao Avenue to Pukalani Street; $34 million for Maui Hospital Systems; and $80 million for Kula, Makawao, Pukalani, Kalama and King Kekaulike schools.