Lahaina 2nd Friday Hosts Hula Festival, Oct. 12October 11, 2018, 7:15 PM HST · Updated October 11, 7:23 AM 0 Comments
Maui Friday Town Parties continues this Friday, Oct. 12 in Lahaina. This Lahaina 2nd Friday event will be host to the Emma Sharpe Hula Festival in addition to other events.
Below is a list of featured events and locations:
- Spanky’s Happy Hour 2 to 6 p.m.; $2 drinks from 7 to 8 p.m.; free pool; pet friendly
- Surfside Pizza Happy hour from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m.
- Gallerie 505 – Free Raffle: Win a painting and meet a world-renowned artist.
- 7:30 to 10 p.m. Cool Cat Café – Performance by Johnny Ringo.
- 5 to 7:30 p.m. Pioneer Inn – Live Music with Evan Schulman
- 2 to 6 p.m. Down the Hatch – Happy Hour – $3 Select Drafts/$4 Wells/$5 Hawaiian Cocktails
- 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. Down the Hatch – Late night DJ
Main Stage at Campbell Park:
- 5 to 7 p.m. Entertainment by Maui Jam
- 7 to 8 p.m. Performance by Kupaoa
- 2 to 4 p.m. Fleetwood’s on Front Street – Rooftop Happy Hour with Paul West solo guitarist
- 6 to 9 p.m. Martin Lawrence Gallery – Gary Larson Jazz soloist
- 7 to 10 p.m. Fleetwood’s on Front Street – The Houseshakers
- 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Lahaina Loft – Kid’s Scavenger Hunt “Skoobz and the Front Street Werewolf!”
- 3 to 5 p.m. Longhi’s – Happy Hour
- 6:30 to 10 p.m. Sargent’s Gallery – Meet the artist, live music, wine and pūpū
- 3 to 5 p.m. Kimo’s – Happy Hour
The Outlets of Maui:
- 5 to 10 p.m. Aloha Friday Sunset Sidewalk Sales PLUS Live Tahitian Show at 6:30 p.m.
- 3 to 5 p.m. PI Artisan Pizza – Happy Hour and Pet Friendly Patio
The LahainaTown Action Committee in partnership with Betty’s Beach Café and Leilani’s on the Beach work together to sponsor several West Side nonprofits’ fundraising efforts in this series of events at Campbell Park:
- Keiki Zone – Art and Activities for all ages, including bean bag toss
- Maui Jam 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- Kupaoa 7:00-8:00 p.m.
- LahainaTown Action Committee – Drinks
- Waiola Church – Beautiful Fresh Lei’s
- LahainaTown Action Committee – Kalua Pork and Rice Donated by Betty’s Beach Café
- Maui Writers Ink – Meet Local Authors
- Sacred Hearts School– Selling Christmas ornaments to fund their Washington DC trip in 2020
- Maui Grown 808 – Coconut leaf weaving, plants, talk story
- Pacific Touch – Local jewelry and scents
- S & S Dogs
- Island Scents
- Maui Nui Sea Bird Recovery Project
- Advanced Wildlife Education
For more information, please call Lahaina Visitor Center at 808-667-9193.
Art Night Events
At the Lahaina Visitor Center in Campbell park, attendees may pick up a free Art Map and tour art galleries in the local area. At the galleries, attendees may meet artists, talk story, and share in some complimentary pupus and wine from 6:00-9:00 p.m.
Below is a list of Lahaina art Galleries and featured events:
- Kai Pua Gallery– Live glass blowing, artist meet & greet
- Peter Lik Gallery–Special art promotions
- The Village Gallery– Refreshments and music
- Simon Jon Gallery– Unique Hawaiian wood bowls by artist Jonathan Somaoang; offering 10-20% off select items
- Sargent’s Fine Art– Live music, art, pupus and wine
- Martin Lawrence Gallery– World Class Masterworks Collection featuring Picasso, Warhol, Dali, Changall and Miroi; wine and pupus; live jazz by Gary Larson
- Kingwell Island Art– Meet the artist Jim Kingwell
- Daryl Millard Gallery– Meet the artist Daryl Millard
- Lahaina Printsellers – Meet their featured artist;
- Vintage Posters
- Higgins Harte Gallery International
- 505 Gallery– Free Raffle, largest gallery on Maui
• Joelle C. Gallery – Meet acclaimed Hawaii artists, on site every Friday
Restaurant & Shop Deals
Lahaina 2nd Friday will also be featuring many restaurant and shop deals. Below is a list of available deals:
- Ono Gelato Company: Gluten-free baked goods; homemade gelato-filled cannoli; 10% kama`aina discount
- Kimo’s: Free hula pie with coupon; stop by the Lahaina Visitor Center for coupons
- Kobe Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar: 20% kama`aina discount on teppanyaki dining
- The Pioneer Inn: $5 pupu menu
- Atlantis Submarines: 20% off submarine tours
- Banyan Treats: 10% discount on full menu
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co: Join us for happy hour after the event! Includes $5 appetizers and $3.50 domestic drafts starting at 9:00 PM
- Pi Artisan Pizza: Happy hour 3:00-5:00 PM with discounted pupus and drink specials
- Betty’s Beach Café: Prime Rib Night 4:00-9:00 PM; $19.95
- Koa’s 156: All day special Ocean Vodka Moscow Mule
- Amigo’s Authentic Mexican Food: (Coupon “This Week Maui”) Buy one entrée, get 50% off the second
- Captain Jack’s Island Grill: 20% off kama’aina discount
- Cool Cat Cafe: 20% off kama’aina discount
- Maui Island Coffee: $2 off 1-lb 100% Kona Coffee
- Tiki Tiki Thai Cuisine: 10% off food only
- Pho Saigon 808: 10% off food only
- Atlantis Submarines: 20% off kama’aina discount
- Crazy Shirts: Screen-printing demo; complimentary screen-print with purchase
- Hangloose Hammocks: $5 off any hammock
- JY Treasures: Free gift with purchase of $50 or more
- KC Hawaiian Fashions: Free gift with purchase of $50 or more
- Lahaina Lifestyle: 10% off regular-priced items
- Lana’s Boutique: 10-50% off sterling silver & handmade jewelry
- L’Infini: 20% off jewelry; 10% off gift items
- Quilts ‘N Fabric: Free gift with purchase of $50 or more
- Simon-Jon Gallery: 10-20% discount on select items
- T-shirt Factory: Buy 4 shirts and get 5th one free
- Three D Gallery: Free gift with purchase of $50 or more
Baldwin Home Museum
The popular candlelit tour of the Baldwin Home Museum will be held from 6:00-8:30 p.m.
The museum is located on the corner of Front and Dickenson streets.
The $7 fee includes admission to the Wo Hing Museum at 858 Front Street.
Children 12 and under accompanied by a paying adult are free.
For more information and a schedule of upcoming events, please contact Lahaina Restoration Foundation at 808-661-3262 or visit www.lahainarestoration.org.
For more information about Lahaina 2nd Friday, please visit http://mauifridays.com/.