Wailea Resort Laundry Room Fire

January 30, 2019, 10:58 AM HST · Updated January 30, 10:58 AM
Wendy Osher · 0 Comments
×

Maui firefighters responded to a fire within the laundry room of the Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort on Monday morning.

Upon arrival on scene, firefighters found that the fire was already put out by employees of the resort.  Crews from Engine 14 and Ladder 14 made sure the fire was out before leaving the scene, said Maui Fire Services Chief Rylan Yatsushiro.

SPONSORED VIDEO

The incident was reported at 11:56 a.m. on Monday, Jan. 28, 2019.

Fire officials say the fire was possibly started in a commercial laundry dryer.

There was no damage estimate or confirmed cause of the fire available at last report.

Wendy Osher
Wendy Osher leads the Maui Now news team. She is also the news voice of parent company, Pacific Media Group, having served nearly 20 years as News Director for the company’s six Maui radio stations.

View Full Bio

Print

Share this Article

    View Categories
    Promote Your Maui Business for Free Add Your Listing

    Weekly Newsletter

    ARTICLE COMMENTS ( 0 )
    This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Maui Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion.

    I Understand, Show Comments