Maui Health System to Host Community Health Fair
In celebration of Heart Month, the Maui Health System will be hosting their fourth annual Heart Failure Awareness community health fair on Tuesday, Feb. 26 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Maui Memorial Medical Center. The event is free to the public and will include informational booths with hands-on activities, entertainment and prizes, as well as guest speakers from the Maui medical community.
The event schedule is listed below:
Health fair from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. in the Maui Memorial Medical Center Courtyard:
- Over 20 booths featuring various health and wellness organizations and topics
- Complimentary refreshments
- Selfie station
- Prize drawings
Guest speakers and presentations from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. in the Maui Memorial Medical Center Auditorium:
- Dr. Kimble Poon, who will speak about Common cardiac tests
- Dr. Jay Parikh, who will speak about Self-care in heart failure
- Nicole Dusenbury, PA, who will speak about Pathophysiology of the heart
Roselani Place, Bayada Home Care, National Kidney Foundation of Hawaii, Island Hospice Inc., Hospice Maui, HMSA, AARP Hawaiʻi, Mastercare Homecare and Healthcare, Kula Hospital Long-Term Care, and Maui Family YMCA will all provide exhibitions at the event.
Maui Memorial Medical Center’s Employee Health department will be providing free blood pressure and BMI readings at the event. Complimentary valet parking will also be available.