Re-Merchandising Underway in Wailea, New Retail OfferingsMarch 21, 2019, 9:20 AM HST · Updated March 22, 2:25 PM 29 Comments
The Festival Companies announced the latest leasing updates in connection with its ongoing re-merchandising plans to create a unique shopping and dining experience at The Shops at Wailea.
A diverse tenant roster includes many first-to-Maui venues.
- Ways & Means Oyster House, an award-winning seafood concept founded in Huntington Beach, California will unveil its first location on Maui with a 4,800 square foot oyster bar restaurant at The Shops at Wailea in the summer of 2020.
- Set to open in the summer of 2019, specialty retailer J.McLaughlin, will debut its modern classic resort clothing store for men, women, and children, with a 1,400 square foot space at the shopping center. This will be its first Hawaii location.
- Island Vintage Coffee is opening a 1,600 square foot café and shave ice concept, which is scheduled to open early 2020. This one of a kind concept will include a full breakfast and lunch time menu, along with sumptuous coffee drinks, acai bowls and shave ice.
- lululemon athletica, known for its innovative athletic apparel and accessories, has leased a 3,000 square foot space that will be uniquely designed for The Shops at Wailea. lululemon will open its new boutique in the summer of 2019.
- Heritage brand Martin & MacArthur, a long standing retailer at the center, will occupy a new 3,400 square foot space in the fall of 2019 which will feature its handcrafted Koa gifts, home accessories and its full line of Koa wood furniture.
- Lappert’s Ice Cream, Hawaii’s super premium hand-made ice cream purveyor and long-standing tenant at the center is also expanding into a new 1,300 square foot location, where it will build out a new café concept, serving 200 flavors of ice cream, locally roasted coffee, freshly made cinnamon buns and cookies. Lappert’s Ice Cream will open its new location in summer 2019.
- Honolulu Cookie Company will also be relocating to a newly remodeled 800 square foot store by summer 2019.
- In late summer, Poggenpohl Kitchens Hawaii, featuring German-made bespoke cabinetry will open a 770 square foot showroom and store offering the latest trends in European kitchen design.
- Adding to the diversification of the merchandise mix by last quarter of 2019, Doctors on Call, Maui’s leader in urgent care, will open a 1,300 square foot facility with convenient access from the west side parking lot of the shopping center.
According to The Festival Companies, the introduction of these much-anticipated new and expanded concepts will complement the recently added retailers and culinary expansions:
- Lineage, Bravo TV ‘Top Chef’ alum Sheldon Simeon’s full service restaurant, (recently recognized as a semifinalist for the James Beard Foundation’s Best New Restaurant 2019);
- Maui Sunglass’ new 1,350 square foot store, featuring fashion and prescription eyewear;
- internationally recognized surf/skate retailer Volcom with a 2,000 square foot store;
- specialty women’s boutiques Imrie and Keliki, offering island-inspired jewelry and beachwear; and luxury real estate office Premier Global Partners.
- Additionally, recently completed store renovations worthy of note include Bottega Veneta Italian luxury leather goods and apparel retailer remodeled its boutique in 2018,
- ABC Stores, which continues to offer convenience to its patrons with its varied selection of food, drinks, sundries and gift items, completed its remodel in February 2019; and
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House reopened in October 2018 following an extensive renovation enhancing the bar lounge and elegant dining areas.
“All of these leasing milestones underscore The Festival Companies’ retail-forward strategy for The Shops at Wailea to create fresh and enjoyable retail experiences that increase foot traffic and drive sales for all of our retailers,” added Jones.
Leveraging its retail relationships and expertise, the new line-up will include several first-to-Maui venues. The Festival Companies has leased over 19,500 square feet to new specialty retail brands and unique dining concepts that will open at The Shops in 2019 and 2020.
“We’re excited that our vision for The Shops at Wailea is coming alive. We are very happy to bring many sought-after brands and fresh retail concepts to The Shops at Wailea,” said Lori Jones, Vice President of Portfolio Leasing for The Festival Companies, the leasing and management company for The Shops at Wailea. “In addition, many of our existing retailers are undergoing complete store remodels during 2019 and expanding their store concepts to bring their latest offerings to The Shops.”
The Shops at Wailea is a premier dining and shopping destination centrally located in the affluent resort community of Wailea in South Maui, known for its world-renowned beaches, prestigious golf courses, luxurious hotel resorts, condominiums and private homes.
Scroll Down to Read 29 Comments