Hui No’eau Visual Arts Center Classes and EventsMay 29, 2019, 8:15 AM HST · Updated May 29, 8:15 AM 0 Comments
Hui No’eau Visual Arts Center is offering a variety of adult classes and workshops, keiki and young adult classes, keiki summer art camps, and art exhibits.
Adult classes include:
- A free “Talk Story” Niʻihau Shell Jewelry Demonstration with master Niʻihau shell lei designer Kele Kanahele on Friday, May 31, 2019 from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Niʻihau Shell Earrings Workshops with Kele Kanahele including pikake style beginner sessions and a more advanced roselani style session.
- Drop-in Jewelry Basics: Bangles & Rings with Roberta Ann Weisenberg on Wednesday, May 15, 2019 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- A “Fantastic Forming” sheet-metal workshop with David Peterson on Friday and Saturday, May 17 and 18, 2019 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Drop-In Printmaking with Tania Arens on Wednesday, May 22, 2019 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Two summer art camps will be held this summer at the Hui No’eau Visual Arts Center.
The summer camps will offer keiki of all ages a variety of weekly-themed art workshops and classes including painting, drawing, metalsmithing, jewelry fabrication, silkscreen, photography, printmaking, ceramics. Families can also register their keiki by the day or week.
The keiki Summer Camp Kaluanui for children ages 5 to 10 will be held Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. from June 3, 2019 to Aug. 9, 2019.
The Teens and Tweens Art Academy for children 11 and older will also be held Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. from June 3, 2019 to Aug. 9, 2019.
A free Community, Creativity & Craftsmanship: Student and Faculty Showcase will be open daily from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. until May 24, 2019. Juried by Hui teaching artists, this exhibition showcases artwork created in and inspired by classes and workshops.
A mural created by Hui No’eau Visual Arts Center’s 2018 artist in residence MAZATL will be on display for free daily from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For more information about the Hui No’eau Visual Arts Center and the variety of events, classes, and workshops offered visit https://www.huinoeau.com/.