Three Teens Arrested for Terroristic Threatening, Released to Parents
Three teens were arrested on suspicion of first degree terroristic threatening following a report on Tuesday morning, Feb. 4, 2020 in Central Maui.
Police say the three suspects allegedly conspired and posted on social media a threat towards two male juvenile victims.
The offenders, which included two 16-year-olds and one 15-year-old, were processed by Maui police and released to their guardians.
Maui police say they take all threats seriously and will seek prosecution.
The public is encouraged to report crimes and students are encouraged to utilize “Text a Tip,” where they can confidentially report a variety of incidents including: thefts, harassment, fights, disorderly conduct, vape/e-cigs, drugs, suicide, bullying, cyberbullying, alcohol, vandalism and class cutting.
Text a Tip is available at several high schools in Maui County by texting:
- (701) 484-2647 at Maui High School;
- (614) 636-2478 at Baldwin High School;
- (408) 695-3859 at Lahainaluna High School;
- (304) 709-6729 at Molokai High School; and
- 724-83KING-K for King Kekaulike High School.
The public is advised to call 911 in an emergency.
- The messenger’s information remains confidential.
- Tips are confidential, not anonymous.
- Texts can be traced (to reduce pranks)
- Tipsters may receive follow-up texts for more details or clarification
- Text a Tip is a tip line only