Maui AgFest & 4-H Livestock Fair Seeks Sponsors, VendorsFebruary 14, 2020, 11:16 AM HST · Updated February 14, 11:17 AM 0 Comments
The 13th annual Maui AgFest & 4-H Livestock Fair, Maui’s signature event to raise awareness about Maui agriculture while invigorating Maui agriculture will take place Saturday, May 30, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at War Memorial Complex, the special events field and two of the baseball fields.
Formerly known at the Maui County Agricultural Festival and the Upcountry Fair, these two events are now merged and called “Maui AgFest & 4-H Livestock Fair”. AgFest was held at Maui Tropical Plantation and Upcountry Fair was held at the Oskie Rice Arena.
Farmers, ranchers, ag educators and entrepreneurs will be on site to market their products or services. Maui AgFest & 4-H Livestock Fair draws thousands throughout the day to celebrate Maui agriculture, its heritage and everyday lifestyle. Sponsorship opportunities are encouraged for individuals and businesses that support a viable agricultural industry on Maui.
“Maui AgFest & 4-H Livestock Fair is now at War Memorial Complex and it will take place annually on the first Saturday after Memorial Day,” said Warren Watanabe, executive director, Maui County Farm Bureau. “We kicked off our combined event last year and it was a big success. This event is the best place to meet Maui’s farmers, ranchers, ag educators, chefs, and supporters. We invite everyone to join us, to learn more about Maui ag by talking story with the presenters, eating the delicious prepared food and fresh produce, learning more about the various ag sectors like the coffee industry, fruits/pineapple, flowers and plants and simply to find out more about agriculture on Maui.”
Festival highlights (All activities/attractions are open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. except Maui Legacy Farmers Pancake Breakfast, Livestock Auction and Grand Taste):
- Maui Legacy Farmers Pancake Breakfast – Meet this year’s legacy honorees. 8 to 10 a.m. Ticket required. (Purchase at link below)
- Grand Taste shines the spotlight on Maui’s famed regional cuisine based on locally grown produce. 3 to 5 p.m. Ticket required. (see link below)
- Entertainment – Taiko Drummers, Kuikawa, Kamaka Kukona and Hālau O Ka Hanu Lehua, and Josh Tatofi and more.
- Grown on Maui Farmers Market – meet farmers, ranchers and entrepreneurs.
- Keiki Zone – Keiki fun features magic shows, bouncers, face painters. Fee.
- Lei Making – lei is symbolic with Hawaiʻi. Learn to make lei. Fee.
- Localicious – food booths and food trucks offer localicious edibles.
- Maui 4-H Youth Livestock Show & Auction – The livestock exhibit, 8 a.m., and live auction 1 p.m.
- Meet Ag Experts – educators from the College of Tropical Ag & Human Resources lead ag education along with Maui’s non-profit and state, county and federal agricultural agencies.
- Zero Waste with Maui Huliau Foundation: Those in attendance can help by separating trash at the Zero Waste stations throughout the event.
Full details, information and links to ticket sales go to the Maui Ag Festival website. Tickets for the Maui Legacy Pancake Breakfast $10/$8 per person and Grand Taste $30 per person available on EventBrite.com (Search by event name and May 30).