Hawai’i State FCU Branches to Close TemporarilyMarch 23, 2020, 3:03 PM HST · Updated March 23, 3:03 PM 0 Comments
In light of the recent developments regarding COVID-19, Hawai’i State Federal Credit Union (Hawaii State FCU) will temporarily close five branches, effective March 30, until further notice.
Temporary Branch Closures
- ʻEwa Beach Branch – Laulani Village Shopping Center, 91-1107 Keaunui Drive, Suite 350 (vestibule will remain open)
- Hawaiʻi Kai Branch – Hawaii Kai Towne Center, 6700 Kalanianaole Highway, #110
- Halekauwila Branch – 560 Halekauwila Street
- Pearlridge Branch – Westridge Shopping Center, 98-150 Kaonohi Street, Suite C101 (vestibule will remain open)
- Salt Lake Branch – Salt Lake Shopping Center, 848 Ala Lilikoi Street, #119
“The health and well-being of our members and employees is our first priority, and as Hawaii’s largest credit union, we feel it is imperative that we do our part to minimize the risk of spreading illness in our community,” said Andrew Rosen, president and CEO of Hawaii State FCU.
“While our other six branches remain operational at this time, we have taken proactive steps to ensure the health and safety of our employees and members by encouraging social distancing, placing plexiglass partitions at teller windows when possible, as well as frequent sanitization of work spaces and member service areas.”
Branches That Will Remain Open With Temporary Extended Hours
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m., Saturdays, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Ali’i Branch – Alii Place, 1099 Alakea Street, #100
- Kaimuki Branch – 3221 Waialae Avenue, Suite 16-B6
- Kāneʻohe Branch – Kaneohe Bay Shopping Center, 46-047 Kamehameha Highway, #7
- Kapolei Branch – 91-590 Farrington Highway, #140
- Mililani Branch – 95-1095 Ainamakua Drive, #9
Branches That Will Remain Open During Normal Business Hours
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Saturdays, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Kahului Branch – Puʻunēnē Shopping Center, 140 Hookele Street, Unit 230
During this time, shared branching will only be available to Hawaii State FCU members.
Members are encouraged to go online to open new accounts or apply for a loan.
Should a visit to the branch be necessary, the credit union is requiring that services such as new accounts, loans, investments, wire transfers, safe deposit box and notary be by appointment only.
To schedule an appointment, call the Member Service Call Center at 587-2700 or toll-free 1 (888) 586-1056. ATMs at all branch locations will remain available.
Online Banking and the HSFCU Mobile App are also available 24/7 to check accounts and access services at home.