Wailea Beach Resort Holds Food Distribution for Resort Associates
The owners of Wailea Beach Resort on Maui donated funds in support of a food distribution event for resort associates on Tuesday and Wednesday, May 5 and 6.
Most are furloughed and without work, while others are working reduced hours.
The care package included fresh vegetables purchased from Maui’s local farmers and local favorite staples of rice, Spam and chicken. This included:
- Oby’s: 10 cases sweet potatoes and 11 cases of cucumbers
- Watanabe Vegetable Processing: 22 bags of cabbage and 400 bags of tomatoes
- Hāliʻimalie Pineapple: 67 cases of pineapple
- Kula Country Farms: 50 cases of strawberries
- Bryan Otani Farms: 400 bags of beans, 400 bags of carrots and 400 bags of kula onions
- Pacific Produce: 400 bags of lettuce
- Evonuk Farms: 400 bags of Kale, 100 mint, 100 parsley, 100 rosemary and 100 thyme
“The resort leadership team is grateful to the ownership group of Wailea Beach Resort for donating funds in order to facilitate this act of kindness and care during the COVID-19 crisis,” said Laurie Garzon Director of Sales at the resort.