HIDOE’s Grab-and-Go Program Transition to Summer Meals Program
As the 2019-20 school year comes to an end today for students, HIDOE’s Grab-and-Go program will transition to a summer meals program. An updated list of HIDOE sites and start dates is available here.
- Maui District schools that will resume service without interruption include: ʻĪao, Kalama and Lānaʻi High & Intermediate schools.
- Service at Waiheʻe Elementary begins June 2nd; and service at Lahaina and Lokelani Intermediate schools starts on June 8th.
- Maui grab-n-go sites that will be closed through the summer break include: Molokaʻi High, Hāna High and Elementary; and Kahului, Kilohana and Maunaloa Intermediate schools.
Meal distribution at summer sites will continue to provide grab-and-go servings in walk-up and drive-thru lines. Dine-in options will not be available. All children ages 18 and younger can receive one school breakfast and one lunch daily. Children do not have to be enrolled at the school distribution site and do not have to be public school students.
Parents may pick up student meals without their child(ren) present but must provide one of the following verification documents:
- Official letter or email from school listing child(ren) enrolled.
- Recent student report card(s).
- Attendance record(s) from parent portals of school websites.
- Birth certificate(s) of child(ren).
- Student ID card(s).
- Driver’s permit/license(s) for high school students.
- State-issued ID of the student.
Most sites will serve breakfast and lunch while others will offer lunch only. Breakfast will be served from 7:30 to 8 a.m. and lunch from 11:30 a.m. to noon.