Maui Health is proud to be a vital part of health care in Maui County and we welcome you to join our team and our mission to provide high-quality care with compassion and aloha. We have many jobs available at our hospitals and clinics on Maui and Lanai: Maui Memorial Medical Center, Maui Memorial Medical Center Outpatient Clinic, Kula Hospital, Kula Clinic and Lanai Community Hospital.
Learn more about our full-time General Maintenance Worker I position at Maui Memorial Medical Center!
Under indirect supervision, performs variety of fabrication, maintenance, repair and installation duties; ensures adequate and suitable operation of equipment, machinery, tools and/or construction; assists in training.
- Constructs, fabricates, installs, maintains or repairs non-contracted equipment, tools, buildings, machinery, or other facilities of organization; ensures proper and satisfactory operation and use; utilizes various skills (e.g. plumbing, mechanical pipefitting, welding, painting, electrical, sheet metal and masonry).
- Maintains necessary reports, data, and information pertaining to work performed, maintenance, repair or preventive maintenance situations.
- Collaborates with assigned subordinates on various assignments.
- Assists in training of other general maintenance workers and staff in repair, inspection, testing, maintenance and operations of equipment to improve performance and skill.
- Follows established departmental safety guidelines/standards, including use of safety equipment (e.g. head, shoe and body cover, gloves, shield, respirator and proper tools); changes ethylene oxide tanks and other medical gases; performs gas leakage testing at each tank change and periodically thereafter.
· Minimum two (2) years general maintenance or related experience.
· Post high school coursework at trade school or comparable work experience.
License, Certification, Registration
· Driver's License (Hawaii)
· Advanced training in one or more trade disciplines (e.g. air conditioning/refrigeration, electrical and/or plumbing).
· Demonstrated skill in one trade craft.
· Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, customer service, oral communication, problem solving, teamwork, and written communication.
Benefits offered to part-time & full-time employees:
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Flexible Spending Account
• Dependent Flexible Spending Account
• Employee Discounts
• & more
Submit your online application for the General Maintenance Worker I position today!
To learn more about available career opportunities visit our Maui Health Career's Website!