MPD Hosts Town Hall meeting on Molokai todayNovember 17, 2010, 12:05 AM HST · Updated November 17, 7:24 AM 0 Comments
The Maui Police Department holds a fourth in a series of town hall meetings today (Wednesday, November 17, 2010), this time on Molokai. The meeting begins at 6 p.m. at the Mitchell Pauole Center.
The meetings are being held in the various districts of Maui through January and were introduced last year by the then-new administration of Maui Police Chief Gary Yabuta and Deputy Chief Clayton Tom, as a way to gather information from the public and work with individual communities to address challenges and concerns. Discussion will include crime rates, prevention and enforcement activities.
- Maui Police Chief Gary Yabuta fields questions from Lahaina residents at a Town Hall meeting initiated last year. Photo by Wendy Osher.
The new schedule of dates, times and locations of this year’s Town Hall meetings are as follows:
- Kihei Town Hall Meeting – District VI Monday, November 8, 2010 at the Kihei Community Center beginning at 6 p.m.
- Hana Town Hall Meeting – District III Tuesday, November 9, 2010 at Helene Hall from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Lanai Town Hall Meeting – District II Monday, November 15, 2010 at Lanai High School Cafeteria from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Molokai Town Hall Meeting – District V Wednesday, November 17, 2010 at the Mitchell Pauole Center beginning at 6 p.m.
- Upcountry Town Hall Meeting – District I Tuesday, November 23, 2010 at the Kula Community Center from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Wailuku Town Hall Meeting – District I Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at the Wailuku Community Center from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Lahaina meeting is TBA.
(Information courtesy MPD)