DLNR Boating Rule Changes ReviewedFebruary 18, 2011, 6:32 AM HST · Updated February 18, 7:56 AM 0 Comments
A series of statewide public hearings will be held this month on the proposed changes to boating administrative rules in Hawaii. The rule changes are aimed at more effective management of small boat harbors and ocean activities in state waters. The Maui Meeting takes place next Wednesday, February 23, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Maui Waena Intermediate School Cafeteria in Kahului.
A complete list of the Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR) meeting is as follows:
• O‘ahu – 6 to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, February 22 in the Benjamin Parker Elementary School Cafeteria, 45-259 Waikalua Road, Kane‘ohe.
• Maui – 5 to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, February 23 in the Maui Waena Intermediate School Cafeteria, 795 Onehe‘e Avenue, Kahului.
• Kona — 6 to 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, February 24 in the clubhouse of the Hawaii Big Game Fishing Club, on the grounds of Honokohau Small Boat Harbor, 74-381 P4 Kealakehe Parkway, Kailua-Kona.
• Kaua‘i — 6 to 8 p.m. on Thursday, February 24 in the Chiefess Kamakahelei Middle School Cafeteria, 4431 Nuhou Street, Lihu‘e.
• Hilo — 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Friday, February 25 in the ‘Aupuni Center Conference Room, 101 Pauahi Street, Hilo.
The proposed rule amendments can be reviewed on-line on the Division of Boating and Ocean Recreation (DOBOR) web site located at http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/dbor/bordraftrules.htm or can be reviewed in person at the following DOBOR district offices from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, except on holidays and State furlough days.
The Maui District Office is located at 101 Maalaea Boat Harbor Road, Wailuku, Hawaii 96793 Telephone: (808) 243-5824.
(Posted by Wendy Osher; Supporting information courtesy DLNR)