Maui businesses have until June 30 to apply for an unprecedented opportunity to market themselves to the international community at the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Leader’s Summit in Honolulu in November.
Announced in May, the APEC 2011 Hawaii Host Committee, in partnership with The Chamber of Commerce of Hawaii, Kauai County, the City and County of Honolulu, Maui County and Hawaii County, is looking for businesses and business-related projects to highlight in what is being called the APEC 2011 Hawaii Business Innovation Showcase.
In particular, the Host Committee is recognizing up to 35 Recognition of Excellence Awards from the county submissions. In addition, there will be one winner announced from each county, and one overall statewide winner. Awardees will be recognized at various APEC related programs and through various media opportunities.
Businesses, or business projects, with the following attributes, are encouraged to apply:
- are attractive to markets outside Hawaii, including the APEC member Economies;
- have developed unique, leading and cutting-edge innovations in product development, technology, marketing or delivery;
- have positively impacted Hawaii’s business environment;
- have growth and investment potential; and
- have adopted environmentally sound programs and practices.
Businesses can visit http://www.apec2011hawaii.com to download an application form. Winners will be announced Sept. 1, 2011.