New Public Parking Location For Hyundai TourneyJanuary 2, 2012, 8:38 AM HST · Updated January 2, 8:39 AM 0 Comments
By Wendy Osher
Tournament officials announced a new public parking location for the upcoming 2012 Hyundai Tournament of Champions, scheduled for January 5-9 at The Plantation Course in Kapalua.
Public parking will be located at the at Honua Kai Resort, with free shuttles running each day, beginning 15 minutes prior to the gates opening and running continuously throughout the day.
Honua Kai to Plantation Course:
- Thursday, January 5 – Monday, January 9: Begins 15 minutes prior to gates opening and runs continuously throughout the day.
There will also be a complimentary shuttle running from Whalers Village on January 8 and 9. The Whaler’s shuttle will run at the following times:
Whalers Village to Plantation Course:
- Sunday, January 8: Departs every half hour starting at 7:45 a.m. (last departure at 3:15 p.m.)
- Monday, January 9: Departs every half hour starting at 7:15 a.m. (last departure at 1:45 p.m.)
Plantation Course to Whalers Village:
- Sunday, January 8: Departs every half hour starting at 8:15 a.m. (last departure at 5:15 p.m.)
- Monday, January 9: Departs every half hour starting at 7:45 a.m. (last departure at 4:15 p.m.)
Actual pick-up location will be between Whalers Village and Westin by the benches.
The tournament dates for official play for the 2012 event begin with the Pro-am on Thursday, Jan. 5, continuing with four rounds of professional competition Friday, Jan. 6, through Monday, Jan. 9. Champions from throughout the year are competing for their share of the $5.6 million purse.
Thursday’s pro-am round is free to all spectators. Tickets for competition rounds Jan. 6-9 are on sale now at www.pgatour.com/Hyundai.
The tournament will allow all youth 18 years-old and under accompanied by a ticketed adult into the tournament free of charge all week long.
Military (active duty, retired and reserve) and their dependents will also be permitted onsite for free for the entire week. Military members should bring their military ID to the gate for admission.
For more information call 665-9160.