By Wendy Osher
There were a total of 14 vehicle break-ins reported on Maui over a seven day period between January 15 to 21, 2012.
Four of the incidents were in Wailuku, with two incidents each in Kahului, Kihei, and Wailea.
The type of vehicles involved in the break-ins included three Toyotas, four Fords (including three Rangers), two Chevys, a Chrysler and a GM.
A complete run-down of incidents is listed below:
- Tuesday, Jan. 17, 2012, 2:04 p.m.: Ka’ahumanu Avenue at the Queen Ka’ahumanu Shopping Center. Blue Toyota 4Runner.
- Friday, Jan. 20, 2012, 2:42 p.m.: Haleakala Highway at the Costco parking lot. 2007 Black Toyota Tacoma.
- Sunday, Jan. 15, 2012, 12 p.m.: South Kihei Road at Kamaole III. 2010 Blue Ford Focus.
- Thursday, Jan. 19, 2012, 2:48 p.m.: North Kihei Road at Sugar Beach Resort. 2012 Brown GM four-door station wagon.
- Saturday, Jan. 21, 2012, 4:30 p.m.: Front Street at Kamehameha Iki Park. 1993 Blue Ford Ranger.
- Monday, Jan. 16, 2012, 7:30 a.m.: Maalaea Road fronting Beach Bums. 2010 Red Dodge Charger.
- Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2012, 3:30 p.m.: Mahanani Place. 2002 Gold Ford Ranger.
- Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2012, 1:30 p.m.: Alea Place. 2000 White Dodge Ram2500.
- Sunday, Jan. 15, 2012, 12 p.m.: Makena Road at Big Beach. 2012 Silver Dodge Avenger.
- Thursday, Jan. 19, 2012, 10:24 a.m.: Makena Road at Poolenalena Beach Park. 2011 Silver Chevy Caprice.
- Sunday, Jan. 15, 2012, 3 p.m.: Kopiko Street, 1998 Silver Toyota Camry.
- Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2012, 1:16 p.m.: Near the Market/Wells Street intersection fronting the Swimming Pool. 1996 White Chevy Silverado.
- Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2012, 6:14 p.m.: Mahalani Street at the Maui Memorial Medical Center. 1993 Blue Ford Ranger.
- Saturday, Jan. 21, 2012, 4:45 p.m.: ‘Iao Valley Road at Kepaniwai Park. 2012 Gray Chrysler four-door station wagon.
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities.