Abercrombie to hold Maui Confirmation ServicesDecember 2, 2010, 10:47 AM HST · Updated December 2, 10:47 AM 0 Comments
By Wendy Osher
Confirmation ceremonies are planned on the neighbor islands to usher in Governor-Elect Neil Abercrombie in the days following his official inauguration ceremony.
After being sworn into office on the grounds of Iolani Palace on December 6th, Abercrombie will visit the neighbor islands for individual confirmation services between December 8 and 15.
• The Maui Confirmation Ceremony is planned for Saturday, December 11, 2010 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Lahainaluna High School. Pacific Radio Group’s own Alakai Paleka will serve as emcee for the event.
Additional neighbor Island Confirmation Services are as follows:
• Molokai: Wednesday, December 8, 2010 from 4 to 6 p.m.
• Lanai: Thursday, December 9, 2010 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
• Ka’u: Sunday, December 12, 2010 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Waimea: Monday, December 13, 2010 from 4 ot 6 p.m.
• Kauai: December 15, 2010, time to be announced.
The inauguration ceremony and celebration for Neil Abercrombie and Brian Schatz on Oahu takes place on Monday, December 6, 2010, on the grounds of Iolani Palace from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., with the swearing-in to occur at noon.
The celebration following the ceremony, with food and entertainment, will run from 1 to 4 p.m. on the grounds of the Hawaii State Art Museum. Maui Musicians Willie K and Richard Hoopii are among the list of entertainers who will be performing at the Oahu event. Others include the Niu Valley Middle School Band, the Hawaii Youth Opera, the 111th Army Band, Aaron Mahi & Dennis Kamakahi, Robert Cazimero, Kealoha, Beamer-Solomon Halau ‘O Po’ohala, and the Kokua Kalihi Senior Group.
A limited number of unreserved seats will be available to the public on the Oahu inauguration day.
*** If you enjoyed this story, you may also find our post on Abercrombie’s selection of Kalbert Young to the incoming Abercrombie-Schatz Cabinet.