Aging with Aloha: Resource Directory AvailableDecember 30, 2010, 2:35 PM HST · Updated December 30, 2:35 PM 0 Comments
A new directory of resources for oder adults, caregivers and people with disabilities is now available.
The County of Maui partnered with the Aging with Aloha Coalition to produce the directory promoting home and community-based services.
Directories are available at the County’s Office on Aging – Aging and Disability Resource Center, ph. (808) 270-7774, and online at www.agingwithaloha.org.
It directory includes the following resource listings:
- finances including: tax preparation assistance
- housing including: affordable housing, rental subsidies, assisted living, foster care, and nursing homes
- emergency preparedness
- education and training programs
- adult day care and caregiver relief programs
- mental health services
- legal services
- health and medical services, support groups, and end-of-life services.
“The Coalition is receiving positive feedback from the public about how this resource directory is helping families find services for their Kupuna and people with disabilities,” said Rita Barreras, project director for the Aging with Aloha Coalition.
The release of the directory was announced today by Maui Mayor Charmaine Tavares. Funding was provided by the County with the assistance of the County’s Office on Aging.