Maui Volunteers Recognized Through Pilot Program
By Wendy Osher
The County of Maui announced nominees for its quarterly Hero volunteer program. The pilot project highlights outstanding volunteers throughout the year who are recognized for their service and commitment to the community.
- Robyn M. Walters of Hawaiian Islands Humpback Whale National Marine Sanctuary;
- Diana Schulte of Maui Nui Botanical Gardens;
- Dr. Marcus Griffin of the Kihei-Wailea Medical Center;
- Kay Leeson of the American Heart Association;
- Jimmy Dadian of Habitat for Humanity Maui Ecycling, and
- Erin Marie Olson and Dr. William Gintling of the Pacific Primate Sanctuary.
The Volunteer Hero Program is organized by the County of Maui Department of Housing and Human Concerns, Volunteer Center. Volunteer heroes are recognized throughout the year on the County website and through other local media outlets.