Vehicles Break-ins on Maui Nov. 6 to 12, 2011
By Wendy Osher
There were a total of 7 vehicle break-ins on Maui over a seven day period between November 6 and 12, 2011.
There were two incidents each in Kihei and Wailuku, and once case each in Kahului, Paia and Spreckelsville. The Wailuku incidents were both reported at 5 p.m. on Thursday, November 10, at the Hawaii Nature Center in Iao Valley.
Types of vehicles involved in the various island incidents included two Toyota Tacomas, a Toyota Camry, Chrysler Van, Ford Taurus, and Ford Windstar.
A complete run-down of incidents is listed below:
- Sunday, 11/6/11, 11 a.m.: East Kaahumanu Avenue at the Whole Foods parking lot. 1993 Purple Toyota Camry.
- Monday, 11/7/11, 6 p.m.: Alanui Ke Alii at Worldmark Resort. 2009 Silver Chrysler van.
- Monday, 11/7/11, 9 p.m.: Uluniu Road at Kihei Garden Estates. 2000 White Ford Taurus.
- Saturday, 11/12/11, 6 p.m.: Baldwin Avenue and Hana Highway at the Paia Municipal Parking Lot. 2005 Silver Toyota Tacoma.
- Thursday, 11/10/11, 12:24 p.m.: Hana Highway at Stable Road. 1999 Green ford Windstar
- Thursday, 11/10/11, 5 p.m.: Iao Valley Road at the Hawaii Nature Center. 2007 Blue Toyota Tacoma.
- Thursday, 11/10/11, 5 p.m.: 2011 Black Jeep Wrangler.
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities.