7 Vehicle Thefts on Maui May 27 to June 2, 2012June 8, 2012, 6:05 AM HST · Updated June 8, 10:57 AM 0 Comments
By Wendy Osher
***A map of current crimes on Maui can be found at the following direct LINK.
There were a total of 7 vehicle thefts on Maui in the seven day period between May 27 and June 2, 2012.
The incidents include three incidents in Kihei; and once incident each in Kahului, Lahaina, Paia, and Wailuku.
Vehicles stolen included: (2) Honda – 1 Accord, 1 Shadow motorcycle; (1) Ford Ranger; (1) Taizhou motorcooter; (1) Kaitong moped; (1) Sayang moped; and (1) unknown moped.
Two of the stolen vehicles have since been recovered.
A complete run-down of incidents is listed below:
- Wednesday, May 30, 2012, 8:50 a.m.: Kaahumanu Avenue at the Queen Kaahumanu Center Sears parking lot. 1996 Tan Honda Accord. License #: MRL470; VIN #: 1HGCD5692TA255382.
- Monday, May 28, 2012, 9:08 a.m.: 800 Block of Mahealani Street. 2000 Green Ford Ranger. RECOVERED.
- Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 12:30 a.m.: 2200 Block of South Kihei Road at Pacific Shores. Silver and Pink Sanyang moped. License #: M05889; VIN #: RFGBS1AJ9ASFT3048.
- Saturday, June 2, 2012, 8:15 a.m.: 200 Block of Hoopili Akau Street. 2011 Black and Siver Taizhou Hisource Intl. Trade Co. motorscooter. VIN #: LYD1CKPE9B1500191.
- Monday, May 28, 2012, 3:50 p.m.: 100 Block of Dickenson Street at the Village Art Gallery. 2011 Red Kaitong Mfg. Co. Ltd. moped. RECOVERED.
- Wednesday, May 30, 2012, 10:30 p.m.: Homelani Place. Black and Gray moped.
- Thursday, May 31, 2012, 7 a.m.: Naniloa Drive. 2005 White Honda Shadow motorcycle. VIN #: JH2PC21335M601694.
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities.