Firefighters Respond to Smoky Garage at Napili Gardens

July 1, 2012, 5:01 AM HST · Updated July 1, 5:02 AM
0 Comments
×

File photo by Wendy Osher.

By Wendy Osher

Fire crews on Maui were dispatched after receiving reports of a fire within the carport of a Napili Gardens townhouse on Friday afternoon.

When crews made entry into the carport at around 2:20 p.m., they found an overheated garage door motor with combustion residue on the ceiling.

Fire officials say that while there was light smoke, there was no fire found within.  Damage was limited to a burnt out garage door motor and a double insulated garage door panel.

SPONSORED VIDEO

Units responding to the scene included Engine 11, Engine 3, Ladder 3, and Battalion Chief 4.

No injuries were reported.

ADVERTISEMENT

Print

Share this Article

BREAKING NEWS 
TEXT ALERTS
Sign up to receive important news alerts like tsunami warnings,
floods, traffic accidents, road closures and more.
Phone # (xxx-xxx-xxxx):
E-Mail:
 

    View Categories
    Promote Your Maui Business for Free Add Your Listing

    Weekly Newsletter

    ARTICLE COMMENTS ( 0 )
    This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Maui Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion.

    I Understand, Show Comments