Harbor Lights Unit Damaged in Cooking Fire

July 25, 2012, 8:22 AM HST · Updated July 25, 8:23 AM
0 Comments
×

Harbor Lights Condominium Complex in Kahului, file photo by Wendy Osher.

By Wendy Osher

A single person was displaced by a fire at an upper floor unit of the Harbor Lights condominium complex in Kahului on Tuesday.

Authorities say the fire caused an estimated $40,000 in damage and was caused by an unattended cooking fire.

The fire was reported at 5:43 p.m. at a fourth floor unit.

SPONSORED VIDEO

Fire Services Chief Lee Mainaga said firefighters from Wailuku and Kahului were able to contain the fire to the room of origin and extinguish the blaze by 6:45 p.m.

The single female occupant was displaced, and was being assisted by the Red Cross.  No injuries were reported.

Print

Share this Article

    View Categories
    Promote Your Maui Business for Free Add Your Listing

    Weekly Newsletter

    ARTICLE COMMENTS ( 0 )
    This comments section is a public community forum for the purpose of free expression. Although Maui Now encourages respectful communication only, some content may be considered offensive. Please view at your own discretion.

    I Understand, Show Comments