8 Vehicle Break-ins on Maui March 10-16, 2013
By Wendy Osher
***A map of current crimes on Maui can be found at the following direct LINK.
There were a total of 8 vehicle break-ins reported on Maui over a seven day period between March 10-16, 2013.
The incidents included the break-in of a variety of vehicles in: (1) Kahului, (1) Kihei, (1) Lahaina, (1) Maalaea, (2) Paia, (1) Pukalani, and (1) Wailuku.
Types of vehicle stolen included: a 2004 Black Ford Ranger; 1999 Brown Chevy Tahoe; 2011 Black Ford Focus; 2010 White Dodge Challenger; 1999 Blue Ford Ranger; 2005 Silver Hyundai Elantra; 2006 Gray Volkswagen four-door sedan; and 1991 White Mitsubishi Montero.
A complete run-down of incidents is listed below:
- Sunday, March 10, 2013, 7:30 a.m.: West Wakea Avenue at Christ the King Church. 2004 Black Ford Ranger.
- Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 12 a.m.: South Kihei Road at Kalama Village. 1999 Brown Chevy Tahoe.
- Monday, March 11, 2013, 1 p.m.: Dickenson Street at Republic Parking. 2011 Black Ford Focus.
- Sunday, March 10, 2013, 3:40 p.m.: Maalaea road. 2010 White Dodge Challenger.
- Friday, March 15, 2013, 7 p.m.: Hana Highway at Blue Ginger. 1999 Blue Ford Ranger.
- Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 2:06 p.m.: Baldwin Avenue at Maui Sunriders. 2005 Silver Hyundai Elantra.
- Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 2:50 p.m.: Pukalani Street at the Pukalani Golf Course. 2006 Gray Volkswagen four-door sedan.
- Friday, March 15, 2013, 3 p.m.: Nani Street. 1991 White Mitsubishi Montero.
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities. Supporting information provided by Maui Police.