New Maui Film Studios Hosts Job Fair Saturday
By Sonia Isotov
Maui Film Studios will be holding a job fair on Saturday, March 23 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at their studios in the Maui Lani Village Center in Kahului.
The job fair will be held at the new film and television soundstage recently put together by Socrates Buenger, the owner of Maui Film Studios. According to their website, the new film studio boasts to being the largest film studio in Hawaii, and includes the following:
- 21,000 sq ft, all-concrete (incl. roof) NC-25, A/C soundstage (194′ x 110′ x 25′ height)
- 2,700 sq ft mill shop
- full on-site grip and lighting department with TM motion picture equipment rentals
- 35,000 sq ft concrete parking/backlot
- 5,000 sq ft office facilities
- two 10-ton grip and lighting truck packages
- full complement of production trailers and equipment with Branscombe Richmond at Akamai RV
- space for six 40ft+ production trailers w/full hookups
- comprehensive film crew training program with UHMC and the unions to create industry standard practices
- two 10-ton grip and lighting truck package
- space for six 40ft+ production trailers
- comprehensive film crew training Program with UHMC and the unions to create industry standard practices
Currently, the film studio is looking for Maui residents interested in working in the film industry and encourages residents with an interest in one of the following positions to file an application with them: actors, extras, 5/u’s, grips, electric, hair and makeup, wardrobe, props, greens persons, and production assistants.
John Henry Photography has also volunteered to provide complimentary headshots for Saturday’s job fair, according to the studio’s Facebook page.
Applications can be picked up at the job fair, but applicants are encouraged to fill out a copy beforehand. Applications can found on their Facebook page and emailed to [email protected] A resume and headshot can also be included.