8 Vehicle Thefts on Maui May 5 to 11, 2013May 20, 2013, 1:09 PM HST · Updated May 20, 2:07 PM 0 Comments
By Wendy Osher
***A map of current crimes on Maui can be found at the following direct LINK.
There were a total of 8 vehicle thefts on Maui in the seven day period between May 5 and 11, 2013.
The cases include (2) incidents in Kahului, (1) Kīhei, (3) in Lahaina, (2) in Wailuku.
Four of the eight stolen vehicles have since been recovered.
A complete run-down of incidents is listed below:
- Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 2:30 a.m.: Pōmaikaʻi Street. 1988 Tan Toyota Hilux. License: MKW965. VIN: JT4VN63M1J0016573.
- Thursday, Mya 9, 2013, 12 a.m.: Kahului Airport Road. 2010 Red Chevy Cobalt. RECOVERED.
- Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 7:41 p.m.: South Kīhei Road at the Kīhei Police Station. 2004 Red Honda motorcycle. License: 229MVM. VIN: 9C2ME09094R010382.
- Friday, May 10, 2013, 8:15 a.m.: Lahainaluna Road at the Plantation Inn. Red and Gray Roketa Powersports moped. VIN: LYDTCKPE381100457.
- Friday, May 10, 2013, 8:59 p.m.: Honoapiʻilani Highway near Lahaina Civic Center (frame recovered from beach area south of Puamana Beach Park). Black Roketa Powersports moped. RECOVERED.
- Friday, May 10, 2013, 10 p.m.: Waineʻe Street. 1994 Blue Honda Del Sol. RECOVERED.
- Sunday, May 5, 2013, 9 p.m.: Pīkale Place and Waiʻale Road. 1997 Black Dodge pickup. RECOVERED.
- Monday, May 6, 2013, 5:40 a.m.: ʻEha Street at the Wailuku Town Center. 2005 White Ford Econoline E350. License: 456MDA. VIN: 1FTSS34P0SHB10938
*** The information is provided as a service to the public, as a way to heighten community awareness of police response in respective communities. Supporting information provided by Maui Police.