Increases Proposed for Most Property Tax RatesMay 21, 2013, 8:56 AM HST · Updated May 21, 8:57 AM 0 Comments
By Wendy Osher
A public hearing will be held tomorrow for proposed real property tax rates in Maui County.
The rates are scheduled to go into effect on July 1st, and include increases in all categories except for residential which will remain unchanged at $5.75 per $1,000 of net taxable assessed valuation.
The greatest increase is for hotel and resort classifications which would increase by 25-cents to $9.40.
Time shares have the highest tax rate, proposed at $15.55 (up 5-cents); while homeowners have the lowest rate at a proposed $2.87 (up 12-cents).
Other rate changes include the following:
- Apartment: $6.40 (up 20-cents)
- Commercial: $7.05 (up 15-cents)
- Industrial: $7.30 (up 20-cents)
- Agricultural: $6.05 (up 5-cents)
- Conservation: $6.25 (up 5-cents)
- Commercialized Residential: $4.60 (up 10-cents)
The hearing begins at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, May 22, in the council chambers.