Valve Installation to Shut Off Water Supply to Part of Wailuku
By Maui Now Staff
Customers in parts of Wailuku will be without water during improvement work scheduled on Mission and Vinyard Street over several hours on Thursday night and Friday morning, officials said.
The Maui Department of Water Supply will begin work to install two main line valves at 9:30 p.m. on Thursday, with work scheduled to conclude at 5 a.m. on Friday.
During the project department officials announced that customers will be without water at the following locations:
- Loke Street;
- Wailani Street;
- Vineyard Street from Central Avenue to the East end of the street;
- Kaniela Street from Main Street to Mill Street;
- Mission Street from Main Street to Mill Street;
- Central Avenue from Main Street to Mill Street; and
- Mill Street from Central Avenue to Mission Street.
Department officials advise that affected customers may want to flush their waterlines following the completion of work on Friday morning, to ensure that sediment has not accumulated during the project.
Affected customers may also want to store water for the night if needed, department officials suggested.
Customers can call the department’s 24-hour service line at (808) 270-7633 if a water problem occurs.
***Supporting information courtesy Maui Department of Water Supply.