July Workshops at Maui County Business Resource CenterJuly 8, 2013, 3:30 PM HST · Updated July 8, 3:43 PM 0 Comments
By Maui Now Staff
The Maui Office of Economic Development released a list of free workshops offered in July.
The workshops are presented at the Maui County Business Resource Center, located at the Maui Mall in Kahului.
Seating for all workshops is limited, and can be reserved by calling the Resource Center at 873-8247.
The following workshops are available during the month of July:
- Learn How to Sell Anything: Monday, July 8; Tuesday, July 9; Monday, July 15; or Tuesday, July 16 (Pick a day), 12 to 1 p.m. This free workshop, offered at the MCBRC is instructed by Larry Roussel, a professional speaker, entrepreneur and a mentor. He helps businesses approach their industry in a positive way using networking, motivation, and personal training as the Founder/CEO of Hawaii Merchants Association.
- Catch a Consumer’s Attention Fast: this free workshop is offered on Wednesday, July 10, 2013, from 12 to 1 p.m. at the Maui County Business Resource Center, Maui Mall suite B-9. Instructor Ed Gazmen will show attendees how to use “key phrases” and your hot button to catch a consumer’s attention in the first 10 seconds, and find regular loyal customers. Gazmen is a certified life coach, owner and founder of Max Life Solutions. He has reportedly helped network marketers and solopreneurs define their career and life aspirations. As a life coach, he serves as a thinking partner, assisting his clients to strategize, grow, troubleshoot and stay true to their vision.
- “Netiquette” – How to Mix Online & In-Person Networking: This free workshop is offered on Wednesday, July 17, 2013 from 12 to 1:15 p.m. at the Maui County Business Resource Center, Maui Mall suite B-9. Instructor Nicole Fisher teaches attendees how to combine online and in-person networking, build a Contact List, prospect online using Linkedin, and more. Fisher is an entrepreneur with over 20 years of experience. She is presently a Marketing Strategist, Social Media Consultant and Trainer.
- Sales Skills 101 – Communicating Your Way to a Better Future: This free workshop is offered on Wednesday, July 24, 2013, from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Maui County Business Resource Center. Instructor TJ Anderson will focus on communication, identified as the single most important aspect of selling. Anderson is a long-time sales professional, beginning his first business at the age of 12. Anderson has owned several successful businesses and has been a national sales-leader for a fortune 100 company.
- QuickBooks for Small Business: Cost for this session is $45. The course takes place on Thursday, July 25, 2013, from 5 to 8 p.m. and is instructed by Richard Kehoe, CPA. Those in attendance will learn how to set up a QuickBooks account in a small class setting with personalized tutoring. This class is for new users and will teach students how to record sales, receive payments, prepare invoices, and balance your checkbook. Kehoe is a lead SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives) counselor. Follow-up appointments are offered at no cost.
- Sales Skills 201 – Role Playing: This free course is offered on Wednesday, July 31, 2013, from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Maui County Business Resource Center, Maui Mall suite B-9. Instructor TJ Anderson will delve deep into the practical, hands-on side of the sales process. The lessons and theory learned in the first class, Sales Skills 101, will be put into practice during role-play of actual sales situations. Focus will be on: 1) asking good questions, 2) handling objections, and 3) finalizing the sale, or “closing”.
- The Maui Business Brainstormers will hold their monthly meeting on Tuesday, July 23, 2013 from 11:45 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. The meeting is open to the public. To RSVP, visit the following website link: www.meetup.com/MauiBusinessBrainstormers.