Kids, Inc. Showcase Features Maui’s Young Entrepreneurs
By Vanessa Wolf
The winners of the annual Kids, Inc. Business Showcase promotion will be offering their wares in the center court from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The winning concepts were selected by popular vote via a Queen Ka‘ahumanu Center Facebook promotion.
Each business has minimal parental involvement and the young entrepreneurs range in age from 8 to 13.
The winning businesses are:
- Naughty and Nice Bakery – desserts with a healthy spin, and their recipes;
- All About Monsters – on-site, custom creation of hand-sewn puppets;
- BITE ME! Sweet Sisters Cake Pop Shop – cake pops created by a pair of sisters;
- Pop Up Photo Booth – theme photos with props, including a full honey bear costume;
- Mermaid Twin Co. – handmade bows and up-cycled girls apparel from a pair of best friends;
- Kai Nani Jewelry – handmade jewelry made of shells, sea glass and other finds from Maui beaches;
- De La Mode – fashionable jewelry, including clay charms and fabric bows;
- Cajudoy’s Creations – a brother-sister team selling sewn items, jewelry, creative crayons and more;
- Cupcakes! – with more than a dozen varieties to choose from; and
- Na‘i’s Creative Mind – original artwork.
“This is a unique way to showcase Maui’s youth entrepreneurs,” said Todd A. Vines, marketing manager of Queen Ka‘ahumanu Center. “These are the future business leaders of our community. We’re proud to support their ambitions and offer the experience of conducting business at Maui’s largest shopping center.”
The young business owners will be allowed to keep any profit made Saturday and all are encouraged to come out and buy some jewelry, artwork, and desserts or dress up as Honey Bear for a photo op.
The event is free to the public.
Have an idea for a fun, funny or thought-provoking story or topic? Get in touch: we want to hear from you. – Vanessa (@mauinow.com)